Snacks are a way of life, and they can be a crutch for those of us who are living a busy life on the go – whether we are taking care of work, family, or even personal projects. There are countless reasons why we can’t sit down and eat a healthy meal. There were even fewer healthy options for lasting grab and type snacks in the past – let alone anything healthy that could fulfill our cravings for the crunchy goodness of a chip. Thankfully, we have keto chips to save us from our hangry habits.
What’s In A Keto Chip?
Making a snack food that is Keto is an art that’s not to be taken lightly. With strict rules on what can be included, Uprising formulated a chip that allows us to stay on track for our diets while feeling like we’re indulging ourselves. Let’s take a look at how beneficial some of the ingredients are:
Almonds – Rich in fiber, protein, and minerals, almonds are the topmost ingredient in quality keto diet-friendly chips. Almonds have also been shown to lower bad cholesterol.
Psyllium Husks – Psyllium husks are the seeds of the Plantago Ovata plant. They are rich in dietary fiber to help you feel full and satisfied when you eat. Research also shows that they are helpful for heart and pancreatic health.
Flax Seeds – Famous for their healthy Omega 3 Fatty Acids, flax seeds are also rich in essential minerals.
MCT – Rather than using unhealthy and overly processed oil, a quality keto snack brand will use natural alternatives like MCT oil -which stands for Medium Chain Triglyceride, a more easily digestible alternative to common oils. By releasing compounds such as Peptide YY and Leptin, they promote an appropriate sense of fullness. Meaning that, unlike low-quality brands, they don’t want you to stuff your face until you get sick. They also translate into a rich energy source and have been shown to reduce lactic acid buildup in muscles, making it favored by athletes and those who engage in rigorous exercise.
Of course, there are other high-quality ingredients than these alone, so if you have any very specific allergies or dietary requirements, always make sure you check the ingredient lists.
What Can I Use it For?
The Uprising brand chips have a dense bagel chip like quality to them. That makes these keto-friendly snacks versatile. Beyond being perfect for your daily snacking needs and nibbling on while watching your favorite T.V. show, there are such particular creative uses for these chips:
- Dips and salsa – The chips’ firmness is perfect for dipping as it holds up to salsas, hummus, and guacamole.
- Salad Croutons – Break up your chips and add them to your salad to add a tasty crunch to your greens.
- Charcuterie Boards – Prepare a small board with keto chips, sliced meats, jerky, cheese, avocado, and whatever suitable veggies that would suit your refined palate.
- Sauces – a splash of your favorite hot sauce can transform them into a new treat altogether. Alternatively, you try drizzling a balsamic reduction adds a touch of sophistication and turns them into an Instagram-worthy snack-brag.
- Keto Nachos – Melt cheese, peppers, and a bit of your preferred meat in the oven to make your nachos, perfect for parties – or eating the whole tray yourself. We won’t judge you.
What Flavors Do They Come In?
Right now, the Uprising Superfood Chips come in two distinct flavors.
- Savory Rye Chips: The rye flavor is enhanced with hints of onion, caraway, horseradish, and garlic. They pair perfectly with thinly sliced meats, keto cheeses, or as a complement to any savory dips.
Sea Salt Chips: The sea salt variety fits the bill of that perfectly salty chip we all crave. Versatile and lightly flavored, they can be used for anything that you’d use a typical chip. Whatever you have planned, they won’t disappoint.