Insomnia is difficult to handle for many people. When sleeping pills do not work, it can be frustrating for individuals to find an alternative. That is where cannabis can come in and help. Knowing how cannabis works and what it does to promote sleep can be life-changing for individuals who are suffering nightly.
Why Do Some People Have Trouble Sleeping?
Multiple conditions can cause a person to lose sleep. If sleeplessness happens for six weeks or more, it is considered chronic. The following offers information on the most common sleep disorders. In addition to this information, individuals can get help from the Cannabis Care Online Dispensary.
· Insomnia is one of the most common sleep disorders, and it can be caused by multiple issues, including medications, health problems, stress, anxiety, and depression.
· Sleep apnea is another type of sleep disorder. When someone has sleep apnea, they stop breathing while sleeping. The cessation of breathing can be life-threatening and may lead to an increased risk of heart disease.
· Narcolepsy is a serious sleep disorder that involves extreme daytime sleepiness. While there is no cure for this condition, a combination of medications can help.
When insomnia strikes, people often find it impossible to get any sleep. If they do get a little sleep, they wake up feeling tired and cranky, unable to participate and function normally in life. Cannabis can help people fall asleep naturally and wake to feel rested and ready to face the day. With cannabis, there are fewer side effects and no risks of dependency.
How Can Cannabis Restore the Natural Sleep Rhythm?
Insomnia is common. According to the American Sleep Association, as many as 70 million Americans face insomnia. Many studies have been conducted over the years regarding cannabis and how it helps with the human sleep cycle. These studies have found Indica strains are more likely to promote restful sleep.
Dr. Jordan Tishler recommends individuals start with strains that are lower in THC. No more than 20% THC promotes restful sleep without causing grogginess. Although some people smoke cannabis to get to sleep, there are other options. Many people take a cannabis tincture each night before bed, allowing them to experience deeper sleep.
What Should People Know About Cannabis for Sleep?
Before starting on medical cannabis, it would be wise for individuals to see their doctors and ensure this treatment is right for them. There are some important things individuals should be aware of when taking cannabis.
· People react differently to cannabis. While most people find it relaxing, others find it causes them anxiety. It is wise to start with a small dose and go up from there.
· Not all strains of cannabis are the same. Some types cause a person to experience greater energy. It is best to stick with Indica strains.
· Cannabis inhibits REM sleep, which makes a person dreamless and leads to a deeper level of sleep.
When sleep continuously eludes a person, it may be time to give cannabis a try. While cannabis is not for everyone, it can help to bring relief to many. Before taking cannabis, it is wise for individuals to consult with their doctors and ensure there are no medical conditions that could prevent them from safely taking cannabis in any form. For most people, cannabis is a safe and natural alternative to sleeping pills. It is not habit-forming.