It’s time for the vegan people to rejoice. This vegan avocado chocolate cake without butter and eggs will satisfy their sweet tooth. I tried this recipe at my friend’s house. She is a fantastic cook.
The frosting will give you the avocado pleasure while the cake as a whole is covered with a chocolate flavor. The most important here are the healthy fats. It’s the avocado that brings those to the table.
According to my friend, this is Ashley Kappel’s recipe.
Before I go down to the ingredients, here is what you need to know about Avocado’s benefits to your health.
Now, it’s time for this avocado chocolate cake to happen.
- 3-Cups all-purpose flour (coconut flour or rice flour)
- 5 tbsp. Dark Chocolate cocoa powder
- Two teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- One ripe avocado, mashed
- 2 cups water
- Two tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Two cups sucanat sugar
- 2 Ripe Avocados, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- Five tablespoons dark chocolate cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350o
- Grease and flour two 9” round cake pans
- Take a large bowl and whisk first five ingredients
- Take another bowl and whisk olive oil and next four ingredients
- Pour the wet avocado mixture into the flour mixture and mix well
- Divide the batter evenly between both cake pans
- Bake cake in the two 9” round cake pans
- Check if they are done after 30 minutes
- Add a layer of frosting on first cake layer
- Top with second cake layer
- Add the remaining frosting to the top of the cake
Don’t forget to share this avocado chocolate cake with all of your friends.
Source: Healthy Holistic Living