There is no better time than now to have a staycation. Whilst holidays are great, they are expensive and typically require a lot of planning, booking and effort before you can pack the family up ready to depart. Additionally, organising pets, bills, passports etc can be a headache. When you have a pool at your home, you can create your own piece of paradise in your backyard. Here we explain how to bring the holiday to your home.
Dive in movies
Why go to the movies when you can have them at home, and better yet, in your pool. Firstly, you’ll need some inflatable pool floats to sit on, or something comfortable to lounge on outside the pool if you don’t want to be in the water the whole time. If you have a TV or projector already outside, you will need to set that up and choose a movie. If you don’t have a TV outside, have a quick search on google there are some clever ways you can use your smartphone and a bed sheet to make your own projector. Set up a snack bar. Include food, refreshments, and snacks of your choice. You can emulate the cinema experience by putting up a sign with the featured movie written on it. There are many online movie streaming devices that allow you to watch newly released movies. Dive in movies are well received by kids and adults alike, especially on those warm summer nights where it is too hot to get comfortable. The pool makes a perfect place to have a movie night and spend some quality time together.
Bring the bar to the backyard
For many of us, going on holidays means sitting back and relaxing with a drink in our hand. You can enhance your staycation by setting up a bar. It doesn’t have to be alcoholic either. You can make mocktails with plenty of fresh fruit to really set the tone for relaxation. Some things you should have on hand for your bar:
- Fruit fruits such as limes, lemons, and garnishes.
- Mixers of your choice
To re-create drinks found on tropical holidays, get creative by buying some tiki glasses or cooler glasses for your bar. Add garnishes such as dried citrus and novelties such as paper umbrellas and colourful mixers. You can customise your bar to suit your preferences, but its nice to try different things occasionally, and that is what many of us do when we go on holidays, change it up by trying something new.
Invest in a sun lounger or hammock
You’ve got your drink from the bar and now you need somewhere to kick back and enjoy it. If you don’t already have one now is the time to invest in a sun lounger or hammock. There is nothing more relaxing than sitting pool side with a cool drink on a glorious day. Grab a book or listen to some music to really get you in the zone.
Host a get together or BBQ
One of the great things about a staycation is that you have the opportunity to catch up with friends and family whereas on a regular holiday you perhaps wouldn’t. Hosting a BBQ or get together can be fun and help you to relax, get some pool toys for the kids, and set up some games. This is a guaranteed way to provide some quality entertainment whilst on your staycation.
If you have a spa in the backyard, now is the perfect time to use it. A spa is the ultimate way to unwind and let all your worries float away. Warm water in conjunction with the jets massaging the body is known to relieve tired achy muscles as well as create a sense of euphoria. The great thing about having your own spa is that you don’t have to share it with anyone else and you can do it in the comfort of your home, whenever you please. If you don’t own a spa, but you still want to relax on your staycation, book in for a massage or a day at your local spa for some much-needed pampering. You will come home rejuvenated and feeling like a million bucks.
Why should I opt for a staycation?
- No rushing to get to the airport, no lugging around luggage, no travelling – While holidays are exciting, all of these hassles come along with it. If you have kids in tow this can be stressful especially if you are stuck on a plane for hours on end. Having your holiday at home allows to you fully immerse yourself into holiday mode the moment you walk in the door.
- Avoid crowds – When on holidays, we are normally surrounded by other people, whether its at the airport, at the hotel or in the pool. Holidaying at home allows you to have your own space and peace and quiet. You set the pace and you can do things at your leisure without interruption from others.
- Saves money – We all know holidays are expensive and so is installing a pool, however you will quickly recoup your investment by enjoying some vacations at home.
- Better for the environment – Staycations reduce your carbon footprint which is better for the environment. Air travel is one of the biggest perpetrators when it comes to pollution.
- Gives you the opportunity to explore your local area – For many of us, when we go on holidays we tend to travel away from where we live rather than explore what’s right in front of us. A staycation is the perfect time to check out what your town and surrounding areas has to offer. Even if it is trying new restaurants or perhaps a new exercise such as yoga or paddle boarding. You might be surprised at what your town has to offer when you have a look around.
A staycation requires minimal planning, money, and effort. Everyone can do what they please when they please as there is no set schedule or trips booked. By implementing some of the ideas mentioned above you can take your staycation to the next level and enjoy it in its entirety.
A pool provides the ultimate staycation experience
Installing a pool at your home is the ultimate way to provide you with a lifetime of well-deserved staycations. Whilst it may be an initial outlay the amount you will save in the long run on holidays will make up for your investment. Plus, it is all yours to enjoy year-round not just when you need a holiday break. You can customize your pool to have added features and cleaning options to make your maintenance minimal, allowing you to enjoy your pool instead of cleaning it.
The great thing about fibreglass pools is they can be installed in a matter of weeks – less time than it takes to organise a holiday. Here at Barrier Reef Pools Perth we specialise in award winning fibreglass pools and we have pools to suit every home and lifestyle. For more information, give us a call and one of our experienced team members will happily answer any questions you have.