Parents live a very demanding life. Aside from raising their children, they also have to juggle their time and energy in maintaining the home, creating a budget for the household’s expenses, and taking care of their own health. Accomplishing all of these tasks can be demanding – which is why people, especially parents, are now using CBD.
Kanibi CBD 101: What Is Really CBD?
CBD or cannabidiol is a chemical compound naturally produced by the cannabis plants. Although CBD comes from the same family as marijuana, CBD doesn’t have psychoactive effects because of its low levels of THC or tetrahydrocannabinol. This means that the use of CBD won’t alter the brain’s function and cause a person to be “high.” In fact, studies have been published to prove how CBD can enhance a person’s overall health and wellness.
Because of its health benefits, suppliers are now selling CBD products to cope with this demand. Kanibi, for example, offers a wide variety of CBD products to the market. CBD products are also available through brick and mortar stores, and even through various online platforms.
Why Are People Using CBD?
According to statistics, CBD consumer sales in the United States reached 814 million in 2019. By 2023, the cannabis industry in the US alone is expected to become a 23-billion dollar business. This data shows that the number of people relying on CBD products is increasing and will continue to increase. Some of these consumers even swap their over-the-counter medications for CBD.
Listed below are the reasons why people are choosing to use CBD:
1. Countless Health Benefits
CBD is gaining popularity in different parts of the globe because of its countless health benefits. Unlike traditional medicines that only treat a specific health problem, CBD can alleviate several mental and physical health conditions.
Science has backed up the following health benefits of CBD:
- Chronic pain: Research has shown promising benefits in using CBD for pain management. CBD provides this benefit because it interacts with the receptors in the immune system and brain. This reaction produces pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory effects that can result in better pain management. People who are suffering from back pain, muscle pain, and even arthritis can rely on CBD for pain relief.
- Anxiety and depression: Although medications and psychotherapy are available for people who are suffering from mental illness, CBD continues to be one of the most preferred treatments.
Studies have supported the claims that CBD can treat anxiety and depression. These mental conditions occur when the body lacks serotonin. These are neurotransmitters responsible for regulating a person’s emotions.
CBD can alleviate anxiety and depression because it activates the brain receptors for serotonin. Although CBD doesn’t produce serotonin on its own, it can boost the brain’s chemical receptors to respond better to the serotonin that’s already in the body.
- Heart Health: The heart is a vital organ because it supplies blood, oxygen, and nutrients to the body. CBD can improve a person’s heart health because it can prevent and treat hypertension. Studies suggested that CBD can benefit the heart because of its anxiety and stress-reducing properties.
As mentioned, CBD can now come in different sizes and forms. This variety allows individuals to effortlessly incorporate CBD in their lifestyles.
Today, consumers can buy CBD in the following forms:
- CBD oil: CBD oil is one of the most common forms of CBD oil today. Depending on the preference of the consumer, CBD oil can be taken directly or can be used as an alternative to cooking oil and salad dressings. CBD oil can also be added to any pet’s dry foods.
- CBD gummies: For parents who want their kids to experience the health benefits of CBD, CBD gummies can be a godsend. This variety of CBD is chewable and can be an enjoyable treat for children!
- CBD-infused foods and beverages: Aside from CBD oil and gummies, CBD can be enjoyed through foods and beverages. There are now CBD-infused honey sticks, cold brew tea, cookies, protein bars, and even ice cream.
3. Lesser Side Effects
Over-the-counter medications might be accessible almost anywhere, but consuming these regularly can significantly damage the liver. Drugs can increase liver enzymes in the body, causing liver damage. Over 35% of individuals who are under medication suffer from drug-induced liver injury.
The human body positively reacts with CBD and can tolerate high doses of CBD. CBD only results in side effects if it’s taken along with other medications. Studies prove that CBD is generally safe and non-toxic for human and animal use.
Seek Approval First
Although science has proven have CBD reacts positively with the human body, it’s vital that you consult your doctor before using any CBD products. Consuming any CBD products without a medical professional’s approval can put your health on the line, especially if you’re currently under medication or suffering from any health problems.