Are you still confused about which is the right mattress size for you? After having a long tiring day, you must have a good night and a comfortable sleep. It helps rest your body physically as well as mentally.
The question is how to choose the correct mattress size to delete all the discomfort and problems you have faced. Size matters a lot; it provides you with the right space and comfort.
I have done detailed research on choosing the correct mattress size and what I have understood. It is necessary to understand the features of different mattress types based on their size. Once you are clear with this understanding, you can easily choose the correct option for yourself.
Features of different Mattress Sizes
Twin Size Mattress:
- This mattress measures 75 inches long and 38 inches wide.
- This mattress is a perfect fit for small children.
- An only a single person can sleep.
- Can be easily affordable.
Twin XL Size Mattress:
- This mattress measures 80 inches long and 38 inches wide.
- Small children plus adults (till 6ft. tall) can comfortably sleep.
- Only single people can sleep.
- Easily affordable for all types of budget.
- This mattress measures 75 inches long and 53 inches wide.
- Small twin children, Single adults with one child or pet, can comfortably sleep on the bed.
- Single adult mattress size.
- Easily affordable for all types of budget.
Queen Size Mattress:
- This mattress measures 80 inches long and 60 inches wide.
- If you like sleeping as a couple with enough space, this is perfect.
- Singles, small children, and couples can easily sleep.
- Affordable for couples, expensive investment for singles.
California King Size:
- This mattress measures 84 inches long and 72 inches wide.
- Three small children, twin teenagers, couples can sleep with absolute comfort and still have space to stretch out
- Best for couples who want their freedom.
- Too expensive for singles and budget-friendly for couples.
King Size Mattress:
- This mattress measures 84 inches long and 76 inches wide.
- This is a complete family bed, and three people can sleep comfortably on this mattress size.
- Couples with a small child or pet can sleep.
- Too expensive, only a high budget can afford to purchase this luxury.
These were the features of different mattress sizes, but this is not just what everyone should consider while selecting the mattress size. One should also consider some other aspects.
Consideration of aspects while choosing Mattress Size!
According to doctors, average humans spend 25% of their daily life sleeping. If you are not selecting the correct mattress, the discomfort in your sleep may even affect your health to an extreme level.
Here is the list one should consider.
Size of the Room:
- If you live in a small room, purchasing a king or queen size mattress will not be convenient.
- You may even have organizing issues with the other furniture and things in the room.
- You won’t have even space to walk freely.
- Thus the size of the room does matter a lot while selecting the mattress size.
- All size of the mattress is different in cost because of the features they carry.
- So one should know what is their budget when planning to purchase the correct size of the mattress.
- You should even consider if the investment you are putting in is worth or not.
- Make sure you have decided the budget looking to your preference and needs.
Location of the Room:
- Yes, this aspect does matter; the location of the room should be considered.
- If your room has small door frames or narrow passages, shifting or moving the mattress to the right place will create a lot of trouble.
- You may even hurt yourself while shifting the mattress.
- You should consider if the room is on the first floor or ground floor, passages are narrow or wide, you have enough space or not, all these things are essential while shifting the mattress.
Fit for the person’s size:
- For taller than 6 feet, you can’t sleep comfortably on a twin size or full-size bed.
- If you are single and want a single sleeper bed, you can go for Twin Xl size mattress to sleep with eas.
- If you are a couple, you should choose a queen size or king size mattress for your comfort.
- So yes, a person’s size matters while selecting the mattress.
Are you looking for a single or couple?
- The number of people who are wanting to sleep on the mattress matters.
- Whether looking for a single person, couple with a kid or a per, or a couple, the size would differ in all the three categories.
- Make sure you consider this aspect before finalizing the mattress size.
- For a moment, you may avoid all the other element, but this is one of the most important elements you are supposed to consider.
Now that we have discussed all the features and aspects you should consider while selecting the mattress size. I am sure by now you are clear about choosing the correct mattress size according to your preference and needs.