The pioneer cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum are steadily getting massive adoption. Hence, they are the most popular digital coins out there. At the same time, you can’t ignore the growth of fresh altcoins like Tron. It has already become one of the leaders with over $8 billion of market cap.
Still, the impressive value of BTC may encourage you to convert Tron to Bitcoin. This detailed guide will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to do so.
Step 1. Create Your BTC Wallet
You should prepare for the exchange of your Tron coins. First of all, you will have to store your Bitcoins somewhere after the conversion. Thus, it’s important to have a reliable BTC wallet.
For example, Exodus is a desktop and mobile wallet appropriate for both beginners and professional crypto investors. It offers a simple UI and a lot of helpful features like multi-cryptocurrency support and in-wallet swaps.
Other options would be Electrum, Mycelium, Atomic, etc. To get a wallet that meets your needs, go to bitcoin.org and use their helper feature for the right choice.
Step 2. Discover a Reputable Crypto Exchange
Currently, Binance is an attractive platform for anyone, who wants to buy BTC using TRX. It has 19.5% of the market share.
In case you don’t have enough experience in buying or selling coins on the exchange platform, you may opt for a crypto converter like Godex.io. It boasts a clear design and detailed instructions on how to convert Tron to Bitcoin. It will allow you to swap digital coins without registering on the site.
You may also discover a reputable exchange platform on your own. Just pay attention to the following important aspects:
- Fair fees. You may lose a significant part of your money in case you select a service with high fees. Plus, read the reviews of the chosen platform to make sure it won’t set unexpected charges. Ideally, the fees for your transaction shouldn’t be more than 0.5%. Otherwise, it’s better to opt for another service.
- Professional customer support. You never know when you face a serious problem. There must be professionals ready to take care of your issues. If a crypto exchange service doesn’t care about its clients, you shouldn’t convert your TRX to BTC via such a platform.
- Security. The security system of the crypto exchange platform is as important as the protection of your wallet. The best services always use strong encryption methods. Moreover, they generate private keys locally, so fraudsters won’t be able to get access to your funds without direct access to your device.
Step 3. Convert Tron to Bitcoin
As a rule, the majority of crypto exchanges offer similar features, so you should follow a few simple steps to convert TRX to BTC:
- Choose the number of Tron coins you want to spend to purchase Bitcoin. A service will calculate how much BTC you will get. Confirm your action by clicking the appropriate button. In most cases, it will be labeled “Exchange”.
- Enter your BTC wallet address to receive your Bitcoins. You should be extremely careful because your funds will be lost forever if you make a mistake in the address. It’ll be a good idea to check everything twice before you create an order.
- The service will show you the address for TRX coins. Transfer there the required number of Tron coins from your wallet. In return, you will get the agreed amount of BTC.
Step 4. Wait Up to Several Minutes
You may need to wait from a few minutes up to several hours for the transaction to finalize. It depends on the sum you want to exchange and the load on the blockchain. The majority of reputable exchange services inform their clients of the transaction status. Furthermore, some of them make it possible to accelerate the process for an additional fee.
Even newbie crypto investors can exchange Tron for Bitcoin if they follow the provided pieces of advice. Before performing a trade, you should carefully select the wallet and crypto exchange. However, if you don’t have enough time to analyze different options, you may select one of the reputable services mentioned in the list.