You complain about the expensive price of your beauty products?
Say no more. I got your back.
You know I love it when it’s time for DIY. It’s my favorite category. Especially when there are recipes for food or beauty products.
I usually spend my free time gardening or learning new nutritional approaches.
And of course, talking to you.
When there is something special to DIY I always tend to make it. I even “hire” my daughter to help me out.
She is always up for something new when it comes to beauty. You know how girls are.
My point here is that you can make your own beauty product that will give you the same result as the expensive brand you’ve been using.
You will definitely save money, but do you know what’s better?
C’mon. I know you know the answer.
You will use natural ingredients and won’t feel any concern whether it will give you some strange reaction or not.
Now, the recipes. You will fall in love at first sight.
I know I did.
Revitalizing Eye Cream
- 4 tsp. avocado oil
- 2 tsp. calendula oil
- 2 tsp. rosehip oil
- ½ tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. melted beeswax
- 1 vitamin E capsule
- 3 drops lemon essential oil
- Add all of these ingredients to a double boiler. Leave the vitamin E capsule aside
- Stir with a whisk until everything is very well combined
- Remove from heat
- Pour into sterile jars and put on lids
- Use a little bit of cream daily under makeup and before bed
Gentle Face Wipes
- 2 cups distilled water
- 1 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 8 drops tea tree essential oil
- 8 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 3 drops vitamin e oil
- Cut up old clean t-shirt towel into 2”x2” square
- Pour the coconut oil into a large boil
- Add the oils and vitamin e
- Add the distilled water and mix gently
- Place the squares into the bowl to soak up the solution and put them in a clean jar with a lid
- Store the face wipes at room temperature or in the refrigerator
- They need to be cool and refreshing.
Detoxifying Face Mask
- 2 tbsp. bentonite clay
- 3 capsule activated charcoal
- 4 tsp. Aloe Vera
- 2 tsp. Shea butter
- 2 ounces chamomile tea
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- Brew tea and melt the Shea butter in a double boiler
- Wait until the tea is ready and the Shea butter is melted.
- Mix them together
- Mix the clay with the activated charcoal and add it into the mixture
- Add the aloe Vera and essential oils in this mix
- Store in airtight container.
- Apply on your face and keep it on for about 15 minutes. Wash it off and pat dry. Use twice a week.
Herbal Face Toner
- Fresh or dried organic thyme
- Witch hazel
- Sterilize a small glass jar
- Fill it up with the witch hazel
- Place the thyme into it and allow it to steep for 2 days in a cool place
- Apply it on your face by using a soft cotton ball.
- Do it in the morning and the evening.
Anti-Aging Face Cream
- ¼ cup almond oil
- 2 tbsp. beeswax
- ½ tsp. vitamin E oil
- 1 tbsp. Shea butter
- 10 drops Essential oil of your choice
- Put all of the ingredients into a clean glass jar
- Put about 4 inches of water in a pot and simmer
- Place the jar with the ingredients in the water and wait until they melt
- Stir once in awhile
- After they melt, pour the mixture into a glass jar and let it sit until the cream hardens.
- Apply in the mornings and nights after washing.
- This mixture is good for 3 months if it is kept somewhere cold.
There you go. Read carefully and pick your expensive beauty product.
I need to go. My daughter is calling me. She came back with all the ingredients needed.
It’s going to be fun.
Don’t forget to share it with your friends. Everyone wants a natural substitute.
Source: Natural Living Ideas