From buying raw ingredients to delivering finished goods, food manufacturing companies use several kinds of software to simplify their business-critical processes throughout the whole food manufacturing process. One of the most important components of a manufacturing software ecosystem is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution. It aids in the acquisition and usage of raw materials, the monitoring of inventory levels at various manufacturing stages, the automation of client order processing, and the tracking of completed food items along the supply chain.
If you’re an entrepreneur or a business owner and are looking for a software development company to expand your business, we are here to help. You can hire ASP.NET web developers to create unique solutions that can help you expand your business while also assuring transparency and accessibility, which will help you innovate faster. Rushkar can help you hire ASP NET developers India has to offer at the best prices.
Here are some of the most important features of Food manufacturing software
All ERPs for food manufacturers are different, and their functionality varies depending on the size of the company, the manufacturing method, the current technology, and other factors.
Customers in the food production industry are usually interested in the following aspects when it comes to food manufacturing software:
- Food production and distribution planning
To review sales data, receive analytics-based advice on the best time to buy raw materials, manage order grouping for bulk processing, and schedule product delivery.
- Creating and maintaining bill of materials (BOM)
To create and update product production and packaging instructions to centralize information on the amount and cost of raw materials necessary to manufacture a specific SKU.
- Inventory control
To keep track of raw materials and manufactured items, reallocate inventory between numerous manufacturing, storage, and distribution sites in a timely manner. Also to identify slow sellers and popular products, and forecast high and low sales seasons in order to minimize overstocking and stockouts.
Using the First Expired, First Out (FEFO) concept, you can regulate expiry dates for materials and goods and uncover inventory optimization possibilities.
- Management of the supply chain
To keep track of the flow of raw materials and finished goods between production plants, storage facilities, and distribution hubs.
- Management of recipes
Keep track of components and their substitutes to make it easier to create and save food and beverage recipes.
- Management of quality
To guarantee food safety and quality, develop quality control checklists and processes, monitor the quality of raw materials and finished products, and comply with necessary legal standards.
- Management of costs
To track the spending on raw materials to appropriately value inventories based on a costing technique.
Here’s a list of our recommended food manufacturing ERPs you can trust and use
- Aptean Food & Beverage ERP – JustFood Edition
- Price: Starting from $170 per month
- It groups orders ready to be shipped together
- Choosing raw material providers based on delivery time, volume, inventory quality, cost, and other factors.
- There’s a mobile app that you can use
- Using Microsoft Bing Map Service to define the best product shipment route.
- Scanning an item’s QR code provides access to information, ingredient and allergy declarations, and quality audit findings stored in JustFood ERP’s database.
- Social media integration to gather feedback from customers directly.
- BatchMaster Process Manufacturing Software
- Price: $2000 per license
- Changing recipe formulations throughout the production process to achieve cost or nutritional targets.
- Customer orders are prioritized for inventory reservations.
- A mobile app version is available and works great
- Instant access to the order and payment history of a customer.
- QuickBooks, Sage, Microsoft Dynamics GP, and SAP Business One Financial Module are all seamlessly integrated.
- Product quality control and COA report production using templates.
- SYSPRO Food and Beverage Software
- Price: Starting from $199 per month
- A supply chain platform that allows customers to engage with raw material providers and pick preferred suppliers for specific inventory items.
- Keeping track of current vs. projected material usage.
- Calculate the price of ongoing work orders.
- Full access to all recorded versions of food product recipes, ingredients, and so on.
- The availability of a mobile app.
- Returns processing is a service that allows you to return items that you have purchased.
Hope this article helps you find the best food manufacturing and distribution software solutions. If you’re a business owner trying to find the best software development company that can provide the most effective and affordable software solutions, look no further.
Rushkar can help you find and hire ASP NET developers India has to offer at the most affordable prices. Our expert team of developers is always ready to face any kind of challenge and help you develop the best software solutions that are specially tailored for your business needs. Contact us now and let our expert team of ASP NET developers help you take your business to new heights of success.