Yes, Starbucks offers a lot of drinks on its menu. A quick check at Pricelisto.com gives you a good idea of just how many drinks you can pick from, and you even get a sense of how much each one will cost.
Conventional business wisdom tells us that offering too many choices for potential customers can lead to fatal indecision. They end up not ordering anything at all, leading to lower sales.
But apparently, the folks at Starbucks didn’t get the memo on that. Plenty of Starbucks customers actually like going through the long menu and trying out each one.
Even if you’ve gone through the list, though, you’re not done yet. There are still the drinks you can order that are not on the menu.
We’ve discovered some of them, and we’ve found out precisely how you can order these drinks. You can’t just blurt out the name of the secret drink. You have to ask for a particular drink on the menu, and then specify the modifications to end up with your secret drink.
1.White Chocolate Cinnamon Chai Latte
- Start with the chai latte, with the whole milk (and no water).
- Add a pump of cinnamon dolce syrup for a Tall order, with 2 pumps for Grande and 3 pumps for Venti.
- Put in some white mocha as well, with the number of pumps corresponding to the size of the order (Tall=1, Grande=2, Venti=3).
- Add some whipped cream and cinnamon dolce, and finish off with a sprinkle of cinnamon powder.
2.Samoa Cookie Frappuccino
- Start with the Mocha Coconut Frappuccino.
- Put in 2 pumps of caramel syrup.
- Ask the barista to blend in some additional coconut flakes into the whole thing.
3.Cookie Dough Frappuccino
- Start with the Cinnamon Dolce Crème Frappuccino.
- Add a pump (or pumps) of mocha syrup (Tall=1, Grande=2, Venti=3).
- Request that java chips are added for blending in.
- Put in some chocolate whipped cream and cookie crumble at the end.
4.Pink Purple Drink
- This one will need half of a Pink Drink, and half of a Purple Drink.
- Coconut milk should used for both, to optimize the ombre effect.
- Put in some additional blackberries.
5.Dole Whip Frappuccino
- This one starts with the Vanilla Bean Crème Frappuccino.
- Put in 6 pumps (yes, six) of pineapple-ginger syrup.
- Finally, put the whipped cream on top.
6.Raspberry Cheesecake Frappuccino
- For this, you need the White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino.
- Put in some pumps of raspberry syrup (Tall=1 to 1.5 pumps, Grande=1.5 to 2, Venti=2 to 2.5).
- Finish with whipped cream on top.
- You’ll need the Strawberries and Crème Frappuccino.
- Basically, you’ll ask that they replace the regular classic syrup with the raspberry syrup.
8.Pumpkin Cheesecake Frappuccino
- Start with the cream-based Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino, if it’s available. Normally, Starbucks only has the pumpkin syrup out from October to November.
- Put in some pumps of cinnamon dolce syrup (Tall=1, Grande=2, Venti=3).
- Put in some pumps of white mocha syrup (Tall=1, Grande=2, Venti=3).
9.Cinnamon Roll Frappuccino
- Ask for an order of Vanilla Bean Frappuccino.
- Request 2 pumps of cinnamon dolce syrup. You can go with more pumps for a bigger order, or even just for the heck of it.
10.Chunky Monkey Frappuccino
This is a bit complicated, but it’s worth the effort.
- For this, you can order any of the cream-based Frappuccino options. That means you go with:
- Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino
- Caramel Frappuccino
- Chai Cream Frappuccino
- Chocolate Chip Cream Frappuccino
- Green Tea Cream Frappuccino
- Vanilla Cream Frappuccino
- White Chocolate Mocha Cream Frappuccino
- Red Velvet Cake Cream Frappuccino
- Put in the following ingredients:
- 2 scoops of vanilla bean powder
- 2 pumps of mocha syrup
- 2 pumps of hazelnut syrup
- 2 pumps of toffee-nut syrup
- Finish off with light mocha drizzle and light caramel drizzle on top.
11.S’mores Hot Chocolate
- You can go with the Chocolate Frappuccino to start with, but the hot chocolate also works.
- Put in a pump of cinnamon syrup.
- Put in a pump of toffee-nut syrup.
- Blend everything so far.
- Top with the following:
- Biscuit bits
- Chocolate sauce
12.Girl Scout Cookie Frappuccino
- Start with the Matcha Green Tea Crème Frappuccino.
- Put in the following:
- Java chips
- 1 pump of mint syrup
- 2 pumps of chocolate syrup
- Start with the Green Tea Frappuccino.
- Specify that at the bottom of the cup, it should have vanilla bean powder and a swirl of berry syrup.
- Finish off with whipped cream and purple sprinkles on top.
- If you want, add some coconut syrup as well.
Hopefully, you find a secret drink that you’ll want to order again and again. Come back to this site, as we will find more secret drinks for Part 2.
Photo by Naufal Giffari on Unsplash