Baking has been a staple in many homes for generations. When it comes to having tasty baked bread for meals, a snack bread, or simply a sweet dessert, there will be a recipe out there that can help spruce up your dinner table. One of the more common additions to many an at-home chef’s recipe books is garlic bread. While many people may see garlic bread as pairing only with Italian style entrees, garlic bread can actually be paired with a wide variety of meals.
While not the most complex of bakery items, you will still need some prep work and ingredients for this Garlic Pull Apart Bread recipe. To begin, first gather up the following ingredients:
- 16 OZ loaf of artisan bread
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ½ TSP of salt
- ½ cup of parsley, finely minced
- 3 TSP of Spice World Ready-to-Use Minced Garlic or
- 3 TSP of Spice World Squeezable Garlic or
- 6 cloves of Spice World Peeled Garlic, finely minced or
- 6 cloves of Spice World Fresh Garlic, finely minced
- ½ TSP of red pepper flakes
- ½ cup of mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup of Parmesan, shredded
Other types of garlic can be used, of course, but Spice World offers a large variety of organic spices and ingredients that can help make cooking easier at home. Feel free to use whichever you’re more comfortable with, but also know that the recipe can turn out differently depending on the ingredients used. Check out this website for some more information on why you should use organic vs non-organic spices.
Once you have these items prepared and ready, it’s time to start the process of baking your delicious garlic bread. The following steps will help guide you through the process of preparing the loaf, cheese, and spices.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Cut as even of a grid into the artisan loaf as you can, making sure to place cuts through the bread but stopping just short of the bottom of the loaf’s crust. Once completed, place the loaf on a baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses evenly, to be added to the top of the loaf in the next step.
- In another small mixing bowl, combine your olive oil, salt, garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley. Mix these ingredients until they combine with the oil evenly, and then drizzle the herb oil as evenly as possible into the loaf’s grid cuts. Lastly, top the loaf with the mixed cheeses.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake the loaf for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese mix has melted and the loaf has turned a golden-brown color.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
If you would like to experiment a little, try these suggestions for meals that start with garlic bread and end with big smiles!
Serving Up Some Taste
This handy little recipe only takes around 30 minutes total time to prepare and cook and can serve up to eight people. It pairs great as a side item for an entree, or as a snack during any gathering. If you’re looking for a tasty treat to help spruce up your next football Sunday, birthday party, or just want something for you and your family to eat during their next movie night, this recipe is definitely worth checking out.