Parties are fun. After party cleaning is another story. Cleaning the post-party mess is something that you need to face.
Cleaning up could be tiring, but none of it matters because everyone had enjoyed the evening!Sit on your sofa. Relax a little and start cleaning the mess slowly.
Here is an easy guide for you:
First thing first, prepare what you need!
If you want to reduce post-party cleaning time, it is essential to prepare the cleaning materials beforehand. Cleaning becomes more tiring if you aren’t prepared.
Here are the post-party cleaning must-haves:
- Trash bags
- Microfiber wipes
- Stain removers
- Odour eliminators (e.g. vinegar, lemon juice, essential oils)
- Carpet stain removers
- Rubbish bins
Before the party, you should…
- Clean up!
- Get the paper towels and tissue ready.
- Empty the rubbish bins.
- Guests are coming. Get the table ready!
Smart Guide to Post Party Cleaning
Deal with the leftovers!
Taking care of the leftovers is the first thing that should be done after the guests left the party. Leaving leftover food out for too long may spoil or damage it. Put the leftover food in separate food containers or Ziploc bags. Small and shallow containers are recommended to cool the food quickly. Glass containers are also good as you can easily see what’s inside, and it is stain resistant. Seal the leftover container or bag and put it the fridge.
Clear the table.
Gather the dirty dishes before setting the dishwasher. Scrape all the plates using a base plate for clearing. Secure all the cutlery by separating it. Do not hold the eating surfaces of the utensils when clearing the soiled dishes for health purposes. Remove the glasses, spoons and fork. Wipe the table surface to get rid of thespill and other food crumbles. Wipe the placemats and dry it. Use a disinfectant to remove all the dirt and get rid of the smell.
Wipe all the surfaces. Use a disinfectant to get rid of the dirt. Be wary of choosing disinfectants to avoid damaging sensitive surfaces such as marble. Some disinfectants can aggravate delicate surfaces which can damage the aesthetics. Use a wet microfiber cloth for wiping. Wipe in one direction to avoid spreading the dirt.
Clean the bathroom.
Disinfect the bathroom right after the party. Clean the toilet bowl, replace the towels and wipe all the bathroom surfaces. Wipe the bathroom walls and mop the floor. Replace the rugs and disinfect the doorknobs. (Disinfect all the doorknobs in your home after the party!)
Clean the floor last.
Inspect the carpet for wine spill and food crumble. Wine spill needs quick attention to avoid carpet stains. Food crumbles should be removed quickly to prevent insect attacks. Wine spill is easily removed by diluting water with dishwashing and white vinegar or lemon juice. Soak the carpet for a few minutes to remove the wine stain. Always vacuum the floor after the party to remove the dust and dirt.
Throw the garbage.
Empty all the rubbish bins. Invest in heavy-duty trash bags to avoid garbage spill. Seal the outside bin properly to prevent Fido from scavenging! Follow the correct segregation of garbage for environmental purposes. Never leave the outside bin unsecured!
Do you need more tips? Check out this guide to help with bedroom organisation.
5 Essential Post-Party Cleaning Tips for all:
- When parties go crazy, broken glasses are expected. Sweep the broken glasses as soon as you can with the use of dustpan, broom or brush. Use a slice of bread to clean up the small debris. Wrap the bread in a newspaper and toss it in the bin.
- Lipstick stains can be annoying. Save yourself from scrubbing the wine glasses by diluting ½ cup of white vinegar with soapy water. Use it to wash glasses and stains will come off quickly.
- Do you find it hard to remove water rings on wooden tables? Stop scrubbing now. Rub a bit of non-gel toothpaste unto the surface and use a clean cloth to brush it off.
- If the smell of meals and cocktail still lingers in your house, run the home diffuser (preferably with citrus smell) to purify the air in your home.
- Preserve the leftover wine by freezing it in an ice cube tray. Perhaps you can use it in your next recipe?
Do not be intimidated with the post-party mess. Do not let it stop you from hosting parties with friends and family. For now… enjoy the party, drink some cocktails, enjoy the food and talk to your guests. Deal with the mess after!
The after-party mess does not matter. What matters is… you have enjoyed the night!Besides, you can always hire a professional cleaning service to freshen up your home.
Reach out to Maidforyou for professional cleaning service!