Despite the number of ways we can now communicate, it can still be difficult for women to tell when a man is interested in them. Texting has made it easier and faster to communicate which is often a good thing in relationships. But it can also lead to confusion when you are just getting to know someone. After all, you don’t know what makes him happy, sad, or angry, let alone how he expresses those emotions. The same thing applies to speak on the phone and even face-to-face conversations can leave more questions than they answer. While there is no one-size-fits-all solution, there are certain patterns that most men follow when they are interested in women. There are also some obvious red flags that will let you know he is not that into you.
If you spot signs of these 5 patterns, you can feel confident he wants to get to know you better:
- When you are trying to decide whether someone is interested in you, think about the length of his texts. If they are filled with details about his activities and he asks about your day, cheer up. That is how guys text when they like you. Most men don’t naturally love texting and keep it short and sweet. So, if he’s texting you often and sharing information, he wants to be closer to you.
- A man who is interested will send phone messages and texts mentioning what you two will be doing when you are together. It is a sign that he is thinking about and maybe fantasizing about you. There is a pretty good chance he is also trying to get you to think about what the two of you could be doing. When a man wants to get closer, he will also be curious about your life as well as your likes and dislikes. In short, he is eager to know as much about you as possible.
- His body language will send clear messages. Human beings unconsciously (and sometimes not so unconsciously) signal when they are attracted to one another. An interested man might stroke his beard or smooth his lapels. He could suddenly develop fidgety habits like tidying his hair or straightening his socks. Some men keep their eyebrows arched while talking to women they are attracted to. It’s also a positive signal when he lets you see him checking you out.
- A man who really likes you will help you move. It sounds like a little thing, but it means he is willing to do something unpleasant, just to help you and spend time with you. It might not apply to someone you just met, but if you have been with someone for a while and you are getting ready to move, ask him to help and see what happens.
- Men who are interested want to be seen with you. According to a Cosmopolitan Magazine feature, it’s a very good sign when your guy loves taking selfies with you. It shows that he wants to show you off to everyone and not just a few friends.
If you have a crush on a man who shows the following 5 kinds of behavior, he almost certainly does not see a future with you:
- Seventeen Magazine cautions women to be careful with a man who is constantly talking about sex in his texts. The same thing applies to face-to-face and phone conversations. While you may be flattered that he finds you attractive, it’s a bad sign if there is almost nothing else on his mind. A man who won’t have legitimate conversations is probably just looking for a hookup.
- There are problems if he stays away and has guarded body language. Watch out for a man who always finds a reason to avoid getting together. It’s also not a good thing if he avoids physical contact or has very guarded, stiff body language. Look at photos of the two of you together. Does he look relaxed and natural being close to you or does he seem miserable? People who are interested in one another feel a physical pull that feels natural.
- When a man constantly uses the excuse that he has missed your messages, beware. You will probably also find that your schedules never seem to mesh and he is always away from the phone when your texts appear. He might constantly “have problems with his voicemail” and doesn’t get phone messages. If a man really wants to spend time with you, he will reply once he gets your messages and will make arrangements to see you.
- You should also take note if your crush seems to make a lot of excuses. One universal truth about male behavior is that a man who wants to see a woman will find a way to make it happen. It is how they are wired. He will also treat you well and look for chances to get together. If someone you like is constantly backing out at the last minute and giving you a range of creative excuses, you can be confident he is not that eager to see you.
- It’s not a good sign if he seems interested in other girls. You might be tempted to excuse this behavior as an innocent attempt to make you jealous. However, it is a mind game and not a sign he cares about you. If your crush is asking you for dating advice, you are definitely on the wrong track. It is likely that he thinks of you as a friend. If you like him a lot, you might be tempted to write this off as a way to get a rise out of you. However, in relationships, like most of life, the simplest explanation is almost always the right one.
The signals men and women send each other are not always clear, so it can be hard to tell when a man really likes you. Fortunately, there are a few rules you can follow that will help you find out if a man you like is also interested. Men who care about you will text, ask about you, want to spend time with you, and respect your feelings. Steer clear of any who avoid real conversations, miss your messages, make excuses, talk about other women, or ask for dating advice.