If you haven’t decided yet what to make this evening, sit back because we are here to make your night extra delicious. Today, you will come across the deliciousness of elote or esquites in the form of tacos without having to fire up the grill. Also, do you know that you can get it ready within 30 mins? How cool is that?
If you are making this for the first time, then do tell us!
This recipe will result in 4 servings with a prep time of 10 minutes.
Ingredients needed for this recipe
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil, divided
- 3 c. Frozen or fresh corn kernels
- Two chopped green onions with separated white and light green parts from dark green ones
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. grated cotija cheese,
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- One jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 c. lime juice, including wedges for serving
- Grilled & Ready 3 c. Tyson Chicken Breast Strips
- Eight corn tortillas
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- One avocado, peeled, halved, thinly sliced and pitted
How to prepare Mexican street corn grilled chicken tacos?
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over a high flame in a large cast-iron skillet. Then start adding an ear of frozen or fresh corn along with white and light green parts of green onion. Don’t miss salt and pepper. Now cook for nearly 4 minutes until charred in places, tossing halfway through.
- Now transfer this corn in a bowl which is large enough to hold it. Don’t forget to wipe the skillet. Make sure that the corn gets cooled and then add cotija cheese, cilantro, two tablespoons of the lime juice, dark parts of the green onion, and jalapeño.
- In the meantime, turn the skillet to medium heat. The remaining frozen chicken and tablespoon oil should be added now. Cook and stir occasionally. Keep doing it for about 5 minutes until the chicken is warm. Then remove it from heat.
- Use whisk mayonnaise, remaining two teaspoons of lime juice, sour cream, paprika, and chili powder to make your taco topping in a small bowl. Now add salt and pepper to it and keep it aside.
- Hold each tortilla using tongs directly over the flame. Heat it for like 5 seconds.
- Finally, you can serve the tortillas stuffed with avocado, chicken, and corn mixture. Don’t miss adding mayonnaise mixture. Sprinkling more cotija cheese is very important here. Enjoy it with lime wedges while it is warm.