This post is about LOVE. But we can’t talk love without mentioning the chemicals behind it, especially Oxytocin.
Do you know what Oxytocin is? It’s the hormone of love. The one that makes you super high and madly in love. According to studies, couples reach their peak Oxytocin levels early in the relationship AND during intense sex.
Scientists call Oxytocin, along with serotonin and dopamine, the happy hormones as for their great ability to make us feel content, relaxed and trusting. Actually, a study published in the American Institute of Mental Health suggest that intranasal Oxytocin helps DN patients understand social cues better. Studies also suggest that stimulating Oxytocin in your man can lure him to keep a distance from more attractive women and thus increase fidelity.
A third 2011 study by UCLA also suggests that high Oxytocin is linked to high optimism, mastery and low depression levels. Yes, love – and anything related to it – is good.
And here my top quotes on love….
- “Love yourself for who you are, and trust me, if you are happy from within, you are the most beautiful person, and your smile is your best asset.” – Ileana D’Cruz
- “When we are in love we seem to ourselves quite different from what we were before.” – Blaise Pascal
- “Love yourself first and everything falls into line.” – Lucille Ball
- “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.”- James Baldwin
- “Love is like a beautiful flower which I may not touch, but whose fragrance makes the garden a place of delight just the same.” – Helen Keller
- “I believe forgiveness is the best form of love in any relationship. It takes a strong person to say they’re sorry and an even stronger person to forgive.” – Yolanda Hadid
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “A simple “I love you” means more than money.” – Sinatra
- “We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” — Morrie Schwartz
- “It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.” – Confucius
- The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. – Audrey Hepburn
- “To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.” – Bill Wilson
- “You always gain by giving love.” – Reese Witherspoon