It’s a Saturday morning and you’re having one of your famous cleanups that also involve karaoke. During your inspection, you notice something strange growing on the walls and immediately you gasp; then it hits you, molds have gotten into your home!
You quickly try to get rid of them but they prove too stubborn. Luckily for you, you know the best Ohio mold removal service out there and immediately dial them to come over. A sigh of relief comes out as you watch them get to work on the mold removal.
Skip to the happy ending where the molds’ spread is prevented, your furniture is safe, and you can now go back to cleaning your household without worrying about those nuisances anymore.
What Is Mold?
So, what exactly is that short-story preamble talking about? What is mold exactly and why is mold removal service a big deal today? Time for a little biology trip, shall we?
Do you remember walking to the fridge to grab some bread slices only to discover some hairy, thread-like patch of grey fuzz all over the slices? Wonder what your reaction was, not pleasant for sure. You were most likely grossed out and immediately thought, time to throw this out.
Well, those are what you call molds. In essence, molds are organisms that belong to the kingdom fungi. The unique feature of molds is their somewhat ‘in-between’ nature. What do we mean?
Molds, like all fungi, appear to look like plants but they aren’t exactly plants or animals. So what gives?
More Information on Molds
Okay, what more do we need to tell you about molds? First, to understand fully the details of Ohio mold removal, you need to properly understand the behavior and patterns of molds themselves. This is what distinguishes various Ohio mold removal service companies and what you should take note of when picking one.
One characteristic peculiar to molds is their heterotrophic nature. This means that they don’t produce their food, rather they ‘feed’ on other food sources. This explains why you will find them in your bread slices or ice cream tub.
Also, molds don’t really ‘feed’ on food. They simply absorb the nutrients to keep them alive and functional. Seem pretty harmless, don’t you think? Or are they?
Are All Molds the Same or Are There Different Types?
Moving on, molds just like every creature, are different from one another. Sure they all have thread-like filaments called hyphae, which give them their hairy, ‘grass-like’ appearance when you see them. They also have the same structure for feeding and other basic functions.
But they are not all the same and we’ve brought a few different types of molds to help you know the different ways to get rid of them. This is especially helpful if you are not able to get a hold of the nearest Ohio mold removal service.
The Different Types of Molds
When it comes to Ohio mold removal, knowing the different types of molds helps in the knowledge of the different methods of getting rid of said molds, especially when molds have specific features.
The different types include:
- Rhizopus stolonfier: you might know it by its more common name, the black bread mold. From the name alone, you can tell it loves bread and is black. But don’t be fooled because this mold is a lover of other foods such as fruits and vegetables. But at least you know where they grow.
- Penicillium: yes, it’s definitely what you are thinking. That is if what you’re thinking is that this is the mold that the famous penicillin drug is made from. These molds love to grow in damp, water-damaged areas and your food as well
- Aspergillus: this is the more serious type. With its carcinogenic properties, this type of mold is capable of causing serious health issues. You want to avoid this one.
That’s quite the lowdown on the various molds out there. But do you know what will make Ohio mold removals services even more effective? Knowing the causes and origin of these growths.
What Causes Mold Growth?
At this point, molds are definitely on the list of things you don’t ever want to see in your homes. Unfortunately, you can’t always be lucky. This is due to the ever-present nature of microscopic mold spores in the ecosystem.
No matter how clean or disinfected your home may be, there’s no 100% getting rid of molds.
Molds aren’t always the worst things in the world, especially when you don’t see them however; it is when they become patches of green/black, slimy, fuzzy creatures that they really get annoying. While total eradication is next to impossible, prevention is viable. You just need to figure out the causes.
Molds thrive on various elements. The availability and combination of these elements go a long way in determining the extent of mold growth. Here are the elements responsible for mold growth:
- Mold spores: there are like the seeds of plants. Without the spores, the molds have no business growing in your home. What makes them super effective is their invisibility to the naked eye and presence everywhere as is the case with all micro-organisms
- Moisture: Mold spores are what give birth to molds but it’s the presence of water that gives life to molds. Even in the least damp areas, molds are sure to grow there as there is no quantity of moisture too ‘small’ for the growth of molds
- Food source: where there is food, there is life for molds. And we’re not just talking about regular food. Any organic material, vegetation serves as a meal for these fuzzy creatures.
- Temperature: molds can survive in areas of optimum temperature i.e. not too hot and not too cold. An example of such areas is your home.
How Can I Regulate Mold Growth?
Here are a few tips to help you regulate the growth and spread of molds:
- Locate the source
- Determine the extent to which they’ve grown
- Ensure the area is well dry
- Use disinfectants in cleaning
- Get rid of contaminated materials
When it proves too difficult to handle, it’s time to contact the nearest Ohio mold removal service company . This ensures effective Ohio mold removal.