Human hair lace front wigs are some of the wonders of modern fashion. Wigs have been around for the longest time, ranging from olden European and English courts, and dating all the way to now. Wigs have been a mark of royalty and regale. Now, they serve as serious look makers, finishing off a cool outfit for women across the world.
The best part is that human hair is being used to make good quality wigs now, preventing us from having to use those synthetic and coarse wigs that were popular in the 90s. With an upward curve in the technology used to make human hair lace front wigs, their quality has gone up massively. These wigs now look as natural as possible and are easily masked. Human hair REMY wigs are some of these marvels of modern technology – with human hair extracted with follicles intact to maintain the flow and direction of growth. Overall, these wigs have evolved from being just an accessory to being a whole complete look.
There is no limitation as to who can wear human hair wigs, and women with especially kinked and curly hair are the major users in today’s markets. The advantage that human hair wigs provide to the women who use them is that this takes the pressure of processing and styling your natural hair through heat tools off their natural hair, and allow it to blossom. On the other hand, human hair wigs are also prone to a certain amount of damage if overly processed. Either way, if the stars are anything to go by – we’re thinking Viola Davis, Angela Bassett, Alicia Keys, and Lizzo – then human hair lace fronts are the way to go if you seek quick elegance and style.
How to wear a human hair lace front wig
When you wear your human hair lace front wig, you will first have to tie up and condition your natural hair. This is done so as to protect your natural tresses from getting caught up in the glue and chemicals of the wig. thereafter, you will put on a wig cap which will prevent the hair from any damage, and cover it so that the wig can be laid on an even base.
The wig cap is made of an elastic material that helps in holding together your natural hair and is usually pretty breathable. This means that the build-up of sweat, dander, and natural oils will not seep into your wig.
Once you have placed your wig cap on, the next step would be to place the wig onto your scalp. You will find that the lace front part of the human hair lace front wig is now sticking out onto your forehead. This is to be cut into the shape of your hairline so as to give you a natural-looking hairline, rather than looking like a sore thumb, sticking out abruptly. After the hairline has been cut, you can begin the process of gluing your wig onto your forehead.
Once glued correctly, and left to sit for a few hours, you can style your edges and get ready to take your wig out for a spin!
How to remove your human hair lace front wig:
Now that you know how to install your human hair lace front wig, you should also know how to dismantle the wig on your own, in the comfort of your own home.
We’re going to elaborate on the process for the removal of a human hair lace front wig by yourself, and tell you all the tricks you need to know to do it correctly and easily. However, please keep in mind that this is a process that requires patience and takes some amount of time.
Here are the steps you can go through in order to remove your human hair lace front wig yourself:
What you need:
– Alcohol/ Acetone
– Spray Bottle
– Long Comb
– Cotton swabs
- Step I – First, pull the hair from your human hair lace front wig back. Tie it up with a clip, or braid it loosely. Make sure that none of the human hair is sticking to the forehead. This is so that the wig can be utilized again without damage.
- Step II – In this step, you need to add equal halves of the alcohol/acetone with water in the spray bottle.
- Step III – Now, take the spray bottle and begin to spray the mixture on the wig hairline. While spraying, use a cotton swab to spread the alcohol onto the hairline so that it begins to soak in.
- Step IV – Once the alcohol/acetone is soaking into the area where the glue originally was, you can begin to use your fingers to gently pull at the strands near the glued area, to check if the wig has loosened. If it has, you will realize it instantly as it will begin peeling off on its own. If it is not peeling off, do not yank at it. You may damage your skin by doing that. Instead, use some more alcohol and dab it with cotton until peeling.
- Step V – Now that the human hair lace front wig is peeling, you can use the parting end of a long comb to push just under the lace front mesh, and help it separate from the forehead. This process is very satisfying but could take 10-20 minutes of spraying and blotting with cotton swabs to get there.
- Step VI – Now that your human hair lace wig is peeling off, you can go ahead and remove it. Once removed, you will reveal your wig cap and hair underneath, and can begin after-wig treatments.
After you have removed your wig cap and revealed your natural hair, you will realize that it needs washing and conditioning. After using your choice of conditioning products on the natural hair, give it a break to air out and be free before putting on another human hair lace front wig!