Most infections result from microorganisms that get into the body, replicate and affect the physiology of the victim. In the USA, most illnesses and mortality cases are as a result of such disease the most vulnerable population being the immunocompromised individuals. A healthy person can practice some precautions and fo evade and prevent the infections. Of course, you need to stay healthy all the time and the best way to do that is sports, such as Golf. But for now, try to follow these tips:
Knowledge of How One Contracts the Infection
Sometime back, we were all uninformed of how these infections spread amongst people. Thanks to our researchers because we now know that these microbes can only affect us if we let them into our bodies. They can enter our systems through either of the body orifices or through an insect bite.
Practicing Good Hygiene
If we keep our hygiene levels high, we can actually prevent most of these infections. This way, infecting other people is also mitigated. You can maintain good hygiene through:
- Properly cleaning your hands
- Covering your mouth and nose while sneezing or coughing
- Cleaning and covering wounds
- Avoiding touching healing wounds or pressing pimples
- Personalize your utensils
- Don’t touch other people’s personal items such as handkerchiefs or napkins
Employ Proper Food Safety Practices
You can contract a number of infections from poorly handled foods. These include meningitis and kidney problems among others. The following are ways you can handle food to reduce foodborne infections:
- Rinsing all forms of carcasses, fruits, and greens thoroughly using running water before you cook or eat them.
- Cleaning your hands thoroughly after handling uncooked meat
- Handle cooked and uncooked foods separately.
- Cook all forms of meat properly (chicken meat-1800F’, roasted and boneless meat 1400F, minced meat 1600F
- Thaw your food in a fridge or in a microwave
Where applicable it’s quite necessary to get the right doses of vaccines. For instance,
- Every child ought to get the necessary vaccines at the recommend dag.
- Grownups should also keep updating their vaccinations
- If you are planning to go overseas be sure to get the proper vaccinations
- Keep vaccinating your domestics animals as well
Be Cautious When Travelling
It’s advisable to visit your doctor three months to your trip day and let him or her know your plans.
- Always carry a DEET repellant when travelling to areas endemic to diseases that are vectored by insects.
- Get your injections from a reliable health facility
- Only consume water from sealed containers and from reliable vendors
- Avoid using ice a preservative measure as this doesn’t kill the microbes.
- Good Sanitizer.
- Hand Wipes
Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Infections
Abstinence remain the best way to curb STIs. This being impossible for most people, the following precautions could be of great help:
Sexual contact should happen between two individuals who are loyal to each other
The two of you should have HIV and STD checks
If you must engage into sexual contact with a different person the other person should be checkd for STDs and a condom should be used.