All clients ask me the same thing. Is butter healthy? – I really don’t know how to answer the question so that people can receive the news.
I cook with olive or coconut oil. I believe these two oils give me the best benefits and keep the healthy level of the foods I decide to cook.
It’s probably healthy. I mean, it should be. The labels are always different and there is always something new written on the product that is confusing.
Instead of watching your worried faces when I advise you how to use olive oil, I found something that you could use.
The butter you buy from the store went through numerous processes before it became butter.
You don’t know those processes. You don’t even know what has been put in there.
With that being said, what if I tell you that you can now make butter by yourself?
After you successfully prepared the butter, you won’t feel the need to go to the store and buy one.
Here is what you need:
- 2 cups organic heavy cream
- Sea salt
How to prepare it:
- Take the cream and add it in a food processor
- Process it for around 10 minutes (until it becomes thick whipped cream)
- Continue until it turns grainy
- Drain the buttermilk from the butter
- Scrape the butter from the sides and place it in a bowl
- Put it into a colander to strain it off the buttermilk
- Use cold water to rinse the butter. Start by turning it gently with a spoon.
- As soon as it becomes clear, smash it with spoons or wooden paddles to pour off the liquid.
- Keep it refrigerated.
Few easy steps to get the healthier replacement for butter.
Or, you can always opt in for olive or coconut oil.