If you’re like most of us, you could use some extra cash from time to time. It can be hard to decide how to earn it, especially when you have a full-time job or family to work around. Side gigs can offer the freedom to work on your own schedule, and at your own pace. Here are a few ideas on how to start making extra cash with side gigs.
Get Paid To Drive
Many people don’t like to drive unless they have to, so if you don’t mind doing it there are a lot of ways you can get paid.
- Sign up to drive for food delivery apps like Postmates or Grubhub.
- Rent a flatbed truck so you can move furniture and other heavy items for people.
- Sign up to drive for a rideshare company like Lyft or Uber.
- Find local restaurants that want to outsource their deliveries.
- Find a company willing to pay you to put ads on your car.
These are just a few of the ways you can get paid to drive, so put some gas in your car and get going.
Do Customer Service
Many companies outsource their customer service call jobs to independent contractors. Look around on job boards and see what’s out there. It’s a chance to work from home, and many companies can give you control over your hours.
Selling items online is one of the most common ways to make some extra cash in today’s world. It’s quick, easy, and there’s a buyer for almost everything. So what sells well online?
- Vintage anything. T-shirts, toys, holiday decor, perfume bottles, just about anything that’s vintage is going to have a buyer somewhere on the internet.
- Electronics. Clean out the drawer you keep your old phones, cameras, tablets, or electronic accessories in. Even if they no longer work you can probably sell them to someone looking to use them for parts.
- Clothing. There are whole sections of the internet dedicated to selling clothing you no longer want. How much you can make will depend on the brands and conditions of the clothes.
- Handmade items. If you can sew, crochet, paint, woodcarve, or have any other kind of craft-making skill, you can sell your work online.
- Collectibles. If you have a large collection of something, look it up online and see what it might be worth. If you have something rare it could sell for a high price on an auction site.
With a little research, you can find an option that works for you.
Flip For Profit
Whether it’s a house, a car, or a designer item, if you can buy something for less than it’s worth and sell it or more, you’ll make a profit. Reselling items picked up from thrift shops, yard sales, or online is actually one of the highest paying side gigs. You’ll have to do a bit of research to see what’s currently selling well.
List Your Skills
Sites like Fiverr or Taskrabbit let you list your skills to attract clients. You can then get quick freelance jobs that let you make a little extra money from what you already know how to do. Here are a few skills people look for:
- Photo/Video editing
- Graphic design
- Website building
- Social media services
- Language translators
This is a great way to put your skills to work for you, even if they’ve previously just been a hobby.
There are hundreds of options when it comes to making extra cash with side gigs. Take a look around and see what will work best with your skills and availability. Once you’ve found your market, you can watch the cash roll in.