We all know that CBD (cannabinoid) is one of the most powerful of the over 100 chemical compounds extracted from the Cannabis sativa plant. Since it doesn’t intoxicate its users, it is used to make many medicines and cosmetic products. There are lots of essential cannabinoids, nutrients, and other antioxidants in CBD that can bring about immense relief when used for injuries, swelling, muscle fatigue and other issues.
You might be shocked at the exorbitant price of the CBD creams, lotions and other topical applications available at the stores. Due to the increased demand for CBD-infused creams, many manufacturers sell their products at inflated prices. To avoid all of these, you can make your own CBD-infused creams in your home in the most hygienic and economical ways possible. Here are some tips that you need to follow for the same:
Ingredients needed for making CBD cream at home
Homemade CBD cream is now very easy as you need only a few ingredients for this. If you are already using any CBD-infused essential oils for cooking purposes, you can use the same for making your CBD cream as well. Here are the ingredients needed:
- ½ cup of unrefined shea butter (easily available in all stores)
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of fresh aloe vera gel (if you have aloe vera plants at home, it is the best option)
- 2 teaspoons of glycerine (not mandatory)
- 2 teaspoons of concentrated CBD oil in any form
- A few drops of any essential oil (for added fragrance)
In the above list, you can replace shea butter with cocoa butter. You can also refrain from using glycerine if you don’t have it at home.
- Place a double boiler over medium heat and fill the top portion of the double boiler with the shea butter and coconut oil. Fill two inches of the bottom portion of the boiler with water. You can use a bowl inside a cooking pot if you don’t have a double boiler.
- Keep stirring the mixture often to ensure that the contents melt well. You have to ensure that no lumps are formed during this process.
- Once the ingredients are blended well, pour the oily mixture in a glass or heat-resistant bowl, after switching off the heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool for at least one hour (more time is required if the bowl is small or narrow).
- After the contents have cooled down completely, you can add the other ingredients like aloe vera gel, essential oil, concentrated CBD, and glycerine (if using) in the bowl.
- Mix all the contents thoroughly. It is highly recommended that you use a hand blender or whisker to mix the contents to get a creamy texture with small peaks at the top.
- Close the jar tightly and your CBD-infused cream is ready!
This mixture will stay good for about 15 days even without refrigerating it. If you are preparing this cream to be applied on very dry skin, you can also add some Vitamin E in it. This will not only keep your skin hydrated, but it will also improve the shelf life of the cream.