In the last few years, brands and businesses have taken to digital marketing to improve and grow their businesses. This is in terms of not only doing business in new geographies, but also generating revenues and reaching out to new consumers.
As compared to traditional forms of marketing and advertising, digital marketing has several benefits-
- Digital marketing is more affordable and cost efficient. This makes it possible for smaller brands to experiment.
- It helps in reaching out to target audiences through advanced targeting techniques and strategies.
- Campaigns and strategies can be changed or altered midway if they are not performing accordingly.
- The medium ensures user engagement and activity is much more satisfying in terms of the experience.
There are several other benefits. However, for brands looking to venture into digital marketing, the above four can become the basis or foundation to pursue it.
A brand’s website is like its digital shop. No matter what physical limitations you might have in the real world, every brand can have a fully functioning digital shop (e-commerce store). Websites and social media profiles can help build credibility, reputation and engage with consumers in a meaningful way.
In terms of revenue generation and sales, the digital offers a far superior ROI than any other form of traditional business. The dual mediums of social and search offer infinite business possibilities for brands.
In this article, we will look at how brands can use digital marketing strategies to treble their revenues.
Digital Marketing Strategies To Treble Revenues: The List
1. Social Media Marketing-
With more than 4 billion active users, no brand can afford to ignore social media. According to statistics, eight out of ten people, check out a brand’s social media page before making a purchase. Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn and others wield a significant amount of influence on users.
Social media is not only about branding and engaging with users. In the last couple of years, social media has evolved into a strong sales driven medium. Performance marketers are using the platform to drive high ROI Lead Gen and Sales Conversion campaigns. Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest are also experimenting on offering shop functions, directly on a brand’s social media page.
Setting up a social media page for your brand can help you-
- Reach out to users interested in your industry niche
- Communicate with your brand’s followers and consumers directly
- Settle criticisms and negative comments directly, thereby sorting reputation
- Making direct sales and generating revenues through the ‘Shop Now’ feature
- Explore newer markets and user bases
- Analyse what competitors are doing on their pages
2. Guest Posting and Blogger Outreach Services-
Traditional digital marketing strategies offer great ROIs when run over a sustained campaign period. However, in 2019, brands are competing with each other on a daily basis. We need faster and immediate results than ever before. A successful SEO strategy can help your brand website-
- Climb higher in the search rankings, thereby increasing chances for more clicks and queries.
- Drive related and quality website traffic to your website. More traffic means more chances of converting users into consumers.
- Improve the metrics of your brand website (Domain Authority, Domain Rating, Alexa Rank, Google Index Rank, etc.)
- Secure high quality backlinks from Industry Authority websites. The higher the number of your backlinks, the more higher will you climb on search rankings
- Running of successful Lead Generation and Sales Conversion campaigns. This directly contributes to revenue generation from the website.
In 2019, brands are pursuing Guest Posting Services and Blogger Outreach Services on a scale like never before. Both these strategies offer brands a 36-degree scope for achieving digital marketing successes.
By outreaching to bloggers and websites in your industry niche, you can drive a significant volume of traffic to your brand website.
3. Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC) on Search-
Paid Advertising on digital is high ROI driven, cheaper than traditional advertising and offers analytics and data to help you plan. No matter which platform you look to advertise on- Google, Bing or Amazon, you can be rest assured that through proper planning and execution, you will be able to optimise your campaigns.
According to Google’s own data, businesses make an average of $2 USD for every $1 USD that they spend on AdWords. This means that a brand spending $1 Million USD gets to earn $2 Million USD on a single campaign.
PPC Advertising helps brands maximise their revenues on a scale like never before. By investing in smart and creative copy and design and optimizing the campaign, brands can only end up spending for targeting and bidding. Imagine a three member team earning more than a $1 Million USD in a month for a brand!
PPC offers several benefits including offering real time data and analytics to optimise campaigns. This can help you change, modify or alter any of your campaign settings. The purpose of PPC search platforms like Google and Bing is to help a brand get the maximum ROIs in the least amount of investment.
Being a highly dynamic and evolutionary domain, digital marketing keeps updating itself. Search engines like Google and Bing, along with social giants like Facebook and Instagram keep changing their algorithms in order to provide the most appropriate content to users.
By following the best practices of digital marketing, brands can help themselves to newer consumers, better markets and higher revenues. Digital platforms like Google My Business also help drive local footfall into your store by interlinking GPS and search terms.
If you have stayed away from digital marketing, you have been doing your brand a big disservice.
Do let me know what you thought about the article in the comments section below. Feel free to add value in any way possible. Until we meet again,
Happy Digital Marketing People!