Packing before moving is no easy job. It takes a lot of concentration and effort and efficiency to pack perfectly without any mistakes. The best way to do it smoothly is to prepare a fixed schedule and maintain a routine to pack before the final day of moving arrives. You also need to search the best long distance movers near you to move all your belongings safely across the country.
However, before the movers arrive you need to pack all your stuff perfectly and keep your belongings ready for getting moved. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss a few essential steps and elements to help you out in packing all your pieces of stuff efficiently. Now, follow these tips to finish your job easily:
1. Prepare a schedule first in accordance with the time available to you before moving towards your new residence. Try to pack as soon as you can and save sometime extra to check if you have missed any important thing or if you want to bid farewell to your neighbors and friends and colleagues.
2. Get rid of the kinds of stuff at first you don’t need at all. Pieces of stuff like old clothes, extra cushions, extra furniture, utensils or other less important things should be reduced from your packing lists and you can sell them either online or by hosting a garage sale or you can distribute them among needy people.
3. Pack a completely separate and easily accessible bag of essentials like medicines, mobile phone chargers, toothpaste, soap, towels, and maybe a couple of changes of clothes. Utilize each ounce of space of your baggage in the most rational way. In this way, you will be ensured that everything fits perfectly and that it will be protected throughout the entire journey.
4. Pack one room at a time. Don’t try to pack more than one room at a time, in this way you will mess things up. Concentrate only on a single room and its stuff you want to carry with you.
5. Do not exceed the limit of 30 pounds for a box; keep it in mind with high importance if you move abroad as they hardly allow heavyweight boxes for moving safety. And try to pack fragile things like glasses, mirrors, vases, stemware, picture frames, platters and other breakables in household items like a blanket, clothes, socks, towels, linens to provide padding and extra protection.
6. Label your boxes by the name of contents of each box with a marker. Always try to label on the sides of the boxes and not on top, as this will make it easier to recognize them, in case they are stacked.
7. Always keep in mind to carry the identity proof whenever or wherever you are traveling. Take special care of the kinds of stuff like license, credit card, ATM card, passport, financial documents, school reports, medical reports, property-related documents, bank details and arrange them systematically in a separate and secure folder to avoid any kind of loss of your important documents.
8. If you have to carry any valuable possessions such as expensive jewelry, precious books, electronic gadgets or even shoes, then safely place them in the bunch of your clothes and pack them in your personal suitcase.
After you have completed your moving schedule, relax a bit which might help you to diminish your stress and anxiety. You can arrange for a farewell party and capture the last few beautiful moments spent in your old home with your family, friends and neighbors. Hope that these tricks will help you to pack your house efficiently.