Our hair is subjected to many things throughout the day. It comes in contact with pollution, dust, sun, serums, gel, oil, etc. The build-up occupied in the hair can affect your hair and it might start becoming dull and losing its expected life span.
It goes even worse for people who have silky hair. It might cause a yellow tint like color building up on your hair. This is the situation where detoxing our hair becomes necessary.
- What do you mean by detoxing?
When your hair needs a fresh start for any kind of hair treatment, detox becomes a handy solution. It cleans all the dirt from your hair and builds a situation where you can take any hair prevention treatment. It keeps your hair ready for other hair treatments.
The question arises, why should someone go for detoxing their hair? We have an answer for you.
- Why should you go for detoxing?
At times, people feel that they have healthy hair and they are not susceptible to any kind of dirt. But the ones who feel this, are completely wrong in their thought process.
As per our research, even healthy hairs are susceptible to all kinds of dirt. It also gets pounced with the pollution, sun, hair gel, etc. as mentioned above. There are great chances of dirt acquisition affecting the scalp.
Additionally, just by cleaning your hair regularly does not keep your hair away from dirt. In fact, the shampoo and conditioners you utilize leave some residue behind after the usage.
Although it might take some time to detox your hair completely, you may see and feel the difference after the first attempt to detox your hair.
There are many homemade recipes used to detox your hair as well as you can purchase shampoos from the present market that are famous detoxers. We have brought some of the very basic and best recipes/products that you may use to detox your hair.
- Recipes/Products to detox your hair
- Honey Shampoo
Honey has ingredients that keep your hair soft and moisturized. You will find the change in your hair condition once you stop using the chemicals and start using the honey shampoo. Find the way you can create this honey shampoo at your home and the best part is that it is easy to prepare and use.
- Add one tablespoon of raw honey and mix it with 3 tablespoons of distilled water/filtered water. Mix it thoroughly.
- Wet your hair and apply the shampoo.
- Concentrate on your scalp.
- Once massaged, rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
You can use this procedure whenever you feel like washing your hair. The main advantage of using honey shampoo is its usage on any kind of hair.
- A mixture of Cucumber and Lemon
The citric acid content in the lemon is beneficial to cleanse your scalp while cucumber can soothes up. This becomes a perfect detox for the people with an oily scalp.
Procedure to be followed
- Chop lemon and cucumber in small pieces.
- Combine these chopped pieces with any essential oil of your choice.
- Apply it on your hair like shampoo.
This extract will help you to get rid of all the dirt, grease, dandruff, and it promotes your hair growth.
- Aloe Rid Shampoo
Your hair shaft consists of three layers namely the cortex, the cuticle, and the medulla. The cuticle is a hard layer at the top with some 10-12 layers combined together to become one.
A combination of many specific essential elements in the aloe rid treatment can open up the cuticle at the start to remove or reduce the metabolites from the cortex.
Let us now check the procedure of how you can use the Aloe Rid Shampoo to detox your hair completely.
Steps to detox your hair using Aloe Rid Shampoo
- First of all, wet your hair thoroughly.
- Apply the hair follicle shampoo and massage your scalp and hair properly for 10-15 minutes.
- Leave it for 3 minutes post the massage.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water.
The most important points that you need to remember while using Aloe Rid Shampoo
- You should use a fresh new comb after cleaning your hair. It leaves your hair from any further contamination post-cleansing.
- You need to remember that it is the easiest way to detox your hair.
- It has no side effects like scratches, itching, burning or any kind of irritation.
Having said this, we would also like to mention here the two important ingredients you need to consume in your daily diet i.e. water and proteins. Keep yourself hydrated and take food that is good in protein in order to keep your hair healthy and away to any kind of damage.
Apart from this, having a balanced diet full of vitamins, minerals, and proteins will maintain consistency in your hair growth for a longer-term.