This dish transforms classic fettuccine Alfredo into a vibrant, meat-free feast by blending in spicy chili oil crisps and fresh spinach. The spicy crisps are lightly fried in butter, creating a tantalizing texture, while heavy cream softens their fiery edge. Grated Parmesan cheese adds a rich, umami depth to the sauce. Conveniently, this dish doesn’t require any chopping and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes, yet delivers a taste as intricate as restaurant fare.
- Serves 6
- Salt, to taste
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1-2 tbsp spicy chili oil crisps (adjust to preference)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb dried fettuccine pasta
- 5 oz fresh baby spinach
- ¾ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (extra for garnish)
- Pasta Preparation: Boil a large pot of salted water. Cook the fettuccine until it’s al dente, as per the package instructions.
- Sauce Creation: Simultaneously, in a large skillet, gently melt the butter with the chili oil crisps over low heat. Stir in the heavy cream and keep it warm enough to steam, but not boil.
- Combining Ingredients: Using tongs, add the cooked fettuccine directly to the cream sauce, saving some pasta water. Mix in the fresh spinach, tossing until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Final Touches: Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese over low heat, continuing to toss. If the sauce seems thick, add a bit of the reserved pasta water.
- Serving: Plate the pasta, adding more Parmesan and chili oil crisps on top as desired. Serve immediately for the best experience.
Note: Homemade or store-bought chili oil crisps can be used. They vary in heat levels, so adjust according to your taste preference. For enhanced flavor, focus on adding more of the crispy bits than the oil to the sauce.