Which food is considered the most harmful? Of course, sandwiches – a combination of bread with butter or fat cheese, meat, or bacon. What can be even more caloric and stomach-hardening? But such a combination can be found in every kitchen in the world: the British eat classic sandwiches. In the US, there are burgers with a lot of fat. Mexicans eat burritos with spicy chili peppers. In Italy – crispy panini, cooked on a special panini makers.
And even those who keep proper nutrition, carefully monitor the diet, exercise, can afford a sandwich. Can sandwiches be full and balanced? What should they consist of? Let’s get to the bottom of this.
Slimming sandwiches: taboo or a successful snack?
A sandwich is traditionally used as a snack and is often considered a non-core dish. So it is not given official attention. And such food may well be served for breakfast or dinner. At the same time, it can be part of a complete diet for lovers of good nutrition, athletes, or those wishing to lose weight.
What could be the benefit?
By choosing quality bread from rye or wholemeal, you will provide your body with enough carbohydrates and fiber. It is quickly absorbed, saturating the body with energy. The average slice doesn’t have many calories — up to 100 kcal. Therefore, one meal or snack may consist of sandwiches. It is desirable that such meals were in the first half of the day.
It is convenient to take a sandwich with you to work or snack on it while running around on business. In short, in today’s dynamic pace of life, this is an excellent solution. By the way, instead of bread, you can easily take pita, ciabattas, panini, bagels, and even grain bread, if you do not trust the bread at all.
Can a sandwich be low-calorie?
Although the classic version of the dish contains a significant amount of calories (since it includes butter), the sandwich itself may be dietary. All you have to do is to change the recipe a little bit – you get a tasty, nutritious and healthy dish. And if you change the way you cook, you can significantly paint the palette of flavors.
How to make a diet sandwich?
There are several ways to make a diet dish:
- Replace the butter with olive oil.
- Instead of regular bread, use loaves or cereals. Salad leaves, cucumbers, and/or other vegetables should be used to reduce the calorie content instead of the base as much as possible.
- Regular sausages are easily replaced by chicken, turkey, beef, or fish.
- The most useful diet sandwich can be prepared with herbs (the more, the better). It is best to use parsley, dill, or lettuce leaves, as these herbs stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and digestive enzymes.
- High-calorie hard cheese varieties should be replaced with dietary mozzarella or low-calorie semi-fat cheese made from skim milk.
- Cheese or butter can be replaced with cheese butter. However, you should choose a product that does not contain palm fat.
- The ingredients must be combined correctly. Not only the usual greens but also apples, grapes, avocado, bananas, even nut oil will give a taste to a diet sandwich.
The greens are well combined with pork, turkey, and chicken. This combination of products will quickly saturate and provide the body with essential proteins, fats, and vitamins.
For those who like hot sandwiches, it is recommended to reduce their consumption. This is due to the fact that a lot of fat is usually used during the preparation of this dish. But it is possible to make a diet hot sandwich – it is necessary to dry a little bread in a toaster (alternative to baking) and then prepare a dish with the recommended above additions.
It is also recommended to cook food in a sandwich maker. This preparation requires much less oil, and in some cases, you can do without it.