Receiving and managing mail while you are constantly on the move is difficult. You cannot afford to leave it at your permanent address if you are expecting valuable items or business-related data in your mail. Many of you might consider forwarding your mail to a friends’ or relatives’ place. But if you have a lot of incoming packages and couriers, it could cause constant disturbance.
To solve this problem, you can use the services of a virtual mailbox. It takes a monthly or yearly fee but gets all your mail sorted, delivered, scanned, and organized, all digitally operated and on the go. You just need your mobile phone or a tablet with the concerned application to manage your mail.
How does a Virtual Mailbox Work?
While it appears to be a complicated process, virtual mailboxes are, in fact, extremely user-friendly and take up very little time.
This is how it works:
Select a Permanent Address
When you finish registering through the online information form or portal, you need to select your mail location. Virtual mailbox services provide an endless list of location options, wherein you can select your preferred location for all the mail to be redirected. The location options might differ based on every company, depending on their reach.
Choose Your Preferred Membership Plan
After choosing the location, you need to select the membership plan. The management team at Anytime Mailbox suggests choosing a premium membership over a standard one if you have endless incoming mail because the latter has limitations. A premium membership can offer you additional perks, such as more free scans or increased recipients and higher discounts.
Start Receiving Your Virtual Mail
Once you have chosen your membership type and paid for the plan, you can begin immediately. When you get notified of mail arrival on your phone, you can request opening and scanning it, or simply ask to forward it. Additional services such as check deposits, mail recycling or shredding are offered as well.
Benefits of Getting a Virtual Mailbox Service
- You do not have to schedule your travel times according to your mail arrival lineup. You can get it sorted being anywhere in the world.
- If you conduct your business from home, your personal data such as residence address and contact information can reach public servers, hence threatening your privacy. Using a virtual mailbox service can protect your privacy by getting registered as your mailing address on public domains.
- Getting a virtual mailbox address registered is also beneficial for startup companies who do not have an organized workplace yet. If it suits you, all your mail can continue to be delivered to this one permanent address in the future.
- Advanced options such as mail forwarding and package forwarding across the globe are provided, which saves you time and rids you of all the hassle.
- You eliminate the risk of your packages being lost or stolen.
Virtual mailboxes have proven to be an important entity for travelers and businessmen who are now able to sort their mail with just a phone click. Spread across the globe, you can still reap the benefits of this service regardless of your location.