Lots of people are in their panic mode right now. They want to lose the few extra kilos they gained during the winter period.
I don’t approve this approach because a healthy body and organism should stay healthy through the year.
Gaining weight and losing it for a couple of weeks is something that I don’t recommend. However, people are used to living at a fast pace like this.
That’s what explains all those emails I received for sharing quick diets for losing five or more kilograms.
I do that every once in a while, but I tend to share more how to become and stay a healthy person, how to prevent possible diseases and more.
That’s why now I will try to share something that will help both sides. Those who want to stay healthy and try a different approach, and those who want to lose weight with a low-carb diet.
Let’s check them out:
Fats and Oils
The digestive tract of many people won’t be able to work like it should with too much vegetable oil.
They are abundant in polyunsaturated Omega-6 fatty acids that trigger inflammation and lead the body to a particular disease.
Here is a complete list of the oil values:
When it comes to low-carb protein sources, you have to opt in for grass fed animal foods and organic eggs.
It comes as a precaution to minimize bacteria, antibiotic and steroid hormone intake.
- Meat: Goat, veal, lamb, beef and wild game. Grass fed meat is preferred!
- Pork: Ham, pork chops, Boston butt, pork loin. Check label for added sugar
- Poultry: Pheasant, Goose, duck, Cornish hen, quail, turkey, chicken
- Fish: Any kind. Check the label on the canned foods
- Shellfish: Oysters, mussels, squid, shrimp, scallops, lobster, crab, clams. Eat only fresh.
- Whole Eggs
- Bacon and Sausages: Check the label to see if there is an addition of soy or wheat. Opt in for sugar-free bacon
You can’t maintain a healthy life or tend to lose weight without a dose of fresh vegetables. They need to be present during every meal.
The non-starchy vegetables are all low in carbs. You would want to keep yourself away from starchy veggies like peas, potatoes, corn, sweet potatoes, or limit their intake, at least.
Limit tomatoes, carrots, peppers, and summer squashes.
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- Any green leafy vegetable
- Bamboo Shoots
- Bean Sprouts
- Beet Greens
- Bok choy
- Brussels sprouts
- Celery root
- Collard greens
- Dandelion greens
- Dill pickles
- Sauerkraut (watch for added sugar)
- Snow Peas
- Swiss chard
Nuts and Seeds
The right fat nutritive foods. Watch them out because they are high in calories and carbs per serving.
If you are in trouble getting into ketosis or losing weight, avoid nuts at all cause!
Consume the next nuts in limited amounts:
- Nuts: almonds, pecans, macadamias, walnuts
- Seeds: Sesame, sunflower, pumpkin
- Clear broth, bone broth
- Decaf coffee
- Decaf tea
- Herbal tea
- Flavored seltzer water
- Lemon and lime juice in small amounts
- Almond milk
- Coconut milk
- Soy milk
Yes. Spices contain carbs, as well. Commercial spice mixes like steak seasoning contain sugar and other damaging additions. It’s recommended for you to chose sea or Himalayan pink salt.
There you have it. Now you are ready to proceed with your daily habits.
Don’t forget to share these foods with all of your friends.