Are you looking to buy a dog? If yes, then you must need to do some good research about the dog breed. Before choosing your adorable dog, it is very important to know what kind of a dog you need which is suited for your lifestyle. The most popular categories of dogs breed trending these days are Goldendoodles and Labradoodles. Originally, these dogs were bred in early 90s in US and Australia respectively, but they were not so popular that time. In today’s era, these breeds have gained lot of popularity due to their hypoallergenic quality. It is highly recommended to get these dogs if you are looking for pets. Goldendoodles and Labradoodles are not having major differences but they do have some. You can find it here “Goldendoodle vs Labradoodle”
A crossbred of full-blood poodle and full-blood golden retriever and hence names Goldendoodles.
Goldendoodles are antiallergenic dogs and are super friendly in nature. It is sometimes called as “Groodles” in Australia. Also, known as “Designer dogs”.
History and origin
The name was first coined in 1992 in America. Species is called as “Designer breed” as their parents are purebred, however, they are different from each other. Poodles are athletic and intelligent and they don’t shed, while Golden Retrievers are playful and lovable family dogs. Hence, a Goldendoodle is a good choice especially for the people who are allergic to pets.
- A Goldendoodle is very energetic and loves to exercise, would like to go for long walks, hikes and runs with their homeowners. So, if you are like to bring your puppy for an outdoor adventure, then Goldendoodles are highly recommended.
- It is an adorable combination of smart wits, good looks and playfulness as they inherit admirable qualities of both the parents.
- Goldendoodles love socializing with people, they are extremely friendly, easy going creatures. They make fast friends with cats, children and other dog breeds.
- Also, for those who like quiet and piece will definitely going to love them. They don’t bark much even after a door knock.
Size and weight of Goldendoodle
A Goldendoodle comes in three different sizes: Miniature, Toy and Standard.
- The miniature size is of 51cm (20 inches) and weighs between 15 pounds to 35 pounds, i.e., 6.8kgs to 15.9kgs.
- The toy size stands up to 8-13 inches (20-33cm) and weighs 3kgs -7.5kgs and has life expectancy of around 10 to 15 years. It comes in several colors like caramel, apricot, phantom, red, gold and cream.
- A standard size Goldendoodle stands up to 20 inches to 24 inches, i.e., 51cm to 61cm and weighs between 23 to 36 kilograms.
There are varieties of colors for Goldendoodles such as sable, black and white combination, brown, red, white, apricot, Merle, grey, Phantom, tan, parti, black and cream.
Just like Goldendoodle, Labradoodle is also one of the most popular breed. Labradoodles are the cross breed of Poodles and Labrador Retrievers, typically known as guide dogs.
The creation of Labradoodle took place at the Victoria Royal Guide Dogs Association in Australia in Victoria. The first appearance of this breed was in 1955. However, they have not become so popular until 1988.
- The Labradoodles are considered as social and smart dogs who not only have the qualities which are appropriate for watch dogs but also quite friendly.
- Labradoodles are also highly active dogs and they need at least few hours of regular workout. Brain and games exercises are great methods of building relationship and keeping Labradoodle challenged and entertained, both physically and mentally.
Labradoodle comes in various types’ size and colors.
Types and Colors
Labradoodles has three common hair textures: straight, wavy or fleece and curly or wool.
Like Goldendoodles, labradoodles have different colors coats such as Chocolate Brown, silver, Apricot, Red, Black, Cream, and Silver.
Size and weight
A Labradoodles also comes in three sizes:
A standard Labradoodle ranges within 53 to 61 cm i.e., 21 to 24 inches and the average weight is around 23-27 kg i.e., 50 to 60 lb.
A medium Labradoodle ranges within43 to 51 cm i.e., 17 to 20 inches and the average weight is around 14-20 kg i.e., 30 to 45 lb.
An average Labradoodle is around 36 to 41 cm tall and weighs 7-11 kg i.e., 15 to 25 lb.
The average lifespan of Labradoodles is up to 14 years. However, they are likely to suffer from some diseases.
Character differences are too much and they may or may not be prone to the same diseases as their parents.
Grooming a Labradoodle
Labradoodles are hypoallergenic and low-shedding hybrid. Though some are actually less prone to shed and are less allergenic than the average dog, others are not. They have less body odor as compared to their parents. One or two brushings per week will keep the dog’s coat and hair looking good. Nail clipping and Ear cleaning is also an important task that owner of the dog needs to be follow regularly.