Are you planning to visit Saudi Arabia? If you are, be prepared and ready to take a Saudi Arabia road trip adventure that will leave you in awe.
Saudi Arabia is one of the seven countries that form the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). The country is mainly known for its deserts, oil wells, and hot sun! It has a lot more to offer than these, such as jaw-dropping landscapes, stunning places of interest, and other attractions that should not be missed.
Suppose you are a first-timer or a first-time visitor to Saudi Arabia. In that case, this article will give you the much-needed information that you need to know before embarking on your road trip adventure in The Kingdom.
So here is the guide!
What Are The Legal Requirements For Traveling In Saudi Arabia?
In order to be able to travel to Saudi Arabia legally, you will need a passport that is valid for at least six months. You will also need a visa that the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia issues before entering the country. There are currently different types of visas that you can apply for, namely a Business Visa, a Tourist Visa, and a Transit Visa.
The Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia will send you the visa once they receive your application form and payment slip. There is also an option to process your visa online as paid service. Before leaving for Saudi Arabia, it is advisable to call the Royal Embassy and ask about your visa status.
You will also need to check with your airline if they have any special requirements, such as a medical certificate or proof of vaccination.
What Should You Do After Arriving In Saudi Arabia?
Once you get off the plane, you must pass through immigration and customs before collecting your luggage. After that, you will be picked up by the tour company representative who will escort you to the hotel included in your travel package. You should also expect other welcomes such as flower garlands or small gifts at the airport.
Therefore, Saudi Arabia is a Muslim country and a little stricter in cultural norms and practices. For example, it is highly advisable not to wear short skirts or walk around wearing skimpy clothes. Also, refrain from showing any affection in public since the country has very strict laws.
What About Language?
The official language used in Saudi Arabia is Arabic. However, you should not have a problem with communication since most people can speak English. You might also want to brush up on some common phrases used in the country before your trip begins.
What Are The Destinations That Shouldn’t Be Missed?
Many places of interest in Saudi Arabia should not be missed, such as the Asir Mountains, Wadi Hanifah, and Madain Saleh. You will need a good number of days to tour around the country and see all the places of interest that it has on offer.
You should also plan your stay in Saudi Arabia and book your hotel and flights between destinations properly while enjoying your Saudi Arabia road trip adventure. You can also rent a car for your road trip adventure in The Kingdom.
How To Rent A Car In Saudi Arabia?
You can rent a vehicle in Saudi Arabia for your road trip adventure and stay at the hotel of your choice. You will need to present an International Driving License and a valid credit card when renting a car. If you are unsure how to rent one in Saudi Arabia, you should talk to your tour company representative before the trip begins.
It is also essential to thoroughly research the places of interest you are planning to visit beforehand to ensure that they are worth the trouble. It will be a shame if you end up wasting time on something that turns out to be disappointing.
What to look out for when on a Saudi Arabia road trip adventure
Saudi Arabia is famous for its exciting attractions and the experience of a lifetime. It doesn’t matter whether you are on a road trip adventure or taking part in an organized tour; there are several things that you should keep in mind before embarking on your journey.
1. There are several things that you cannot do in Saudi Arabia when on a road trip, and these include:
- You can’t drink alcoholic beverages. Even if you don’t plan to drink, the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia might ask for a medical certificate to prove that you aren’t suffering from alcoholism.
- It is strictly forbidden to show affection in public. If you plan to hold hands or kiss, be discreet about it.
- Dress modestly at all times.
2. You will need a valid International Driving License when renting a vehicle for your road trip adventure in Saudi Arabia since the country has very strict laws on this matter.
3. Make sure to dress modestly on the road trip since Saudi Arabian citizens are very conservative.
4. If you plan to visit foreign embassies or consulates, try to go there with someone who knows the place very well and avoid going at night if possible.
5. Women should not travel alone in Saudi Arabia without a male escort or husband.
6. Avoid taking pictures of government buildings or airports as strictly forbidden.
7. If you plan to be in Saudi Arabia for more than a month, then you should look into getting a visa from the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia since they have different visas available for tourists and visitors.
8. You should refrain from using your cell phone to take photographs since the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia might ask for it at customs.
9. You can choose from a 7, 14, or 21-day visa depending on what is available when planning your road trip adventure.
10. If you plan to visit several countries in the Middle East, then make sure to buy an electronic passport called an e-gate card.
11. You should try to plan your road trip adventure around the Hajj season if you can since this is one of the busiest times of the year in Saudi Arabia when millions of pilgrims come to the country for worship purposes.
Saudi Arabia is one of the most beautiful countries globally, and you should make it a point to visit it as soon as possible if you haven’t already. You can contact your travel agent for more information on how to make plans for an unforgettable road trip adventure in Saudi Arabia. Just remember, prepare yourself well before embarking on this adventure of a lifetime.