A Guide To Taking The Bus From Singapore To Kuala Lumpur: Exploring Malaysia On A Budget

Planning for a great tour on a budget? If yes, then you can visit Kuala Lumpur (KL) from Singapore and that too by bus.

In Southeast Asia, you can find one of the best and most popular countries to visit, which is Malaysia. It is a beautiful country which is popularly known for its rainforests, beaches, and cultural influences of China, India, and Europe as well. The country’s capital is Kuala Lumpur, also regarded as KL short. This fastest-growing city is famous for Petronas Twin Towers, Menara Kuala Lumpur, Batu Caves, Jalan Alor, Sunway Lagoon, and many others.

If you are planning for a budget-friendly tour, you can simply book your bus tickets online and take a bus from Singapore to KL. However, now that you are travelling to Kuala Lumpur, below are a few places you must visit.


Aquaria is a Convention Centre, an oceanarium located beneath Kuala Lumpur. The aquaria are within walking distance from Petronas Twin Towers and sprawl over 60,000 square feet.

Here, you can spend 1 to 2 hours and experience a great vibe at an affordable value.


Now that you have booked your online bus ticketsto KL, you need to also know about some of the best and budget-friendly places where you can visit.

KLCC Park in Kuala Lumpur is an urban park. This park provides greenery to the Petronas twin towers and the surrounding areas. This was created in 1998 by Roberto Burle Marx. The park sprawls over an area of 50 acres and aims at “leaving the world a little more sensitive and a little more educated to the importance of nature”.

The park features include a lake symphony, a jogging track and footpath, ornamental water features, a children’s playground, and a Mosque. So, when you visit KL, do not forget to visit this park.

Kuala Lumpur bird park

Are you a bird or nature lover? If yes, then Kuala Lumpur has a lot for you. You can visit the Kuala Lumpur bird park, where more than 3,000 birds are available, representing approximately 200 species in an enclosed aviary.

Almost 90% of birds here are local, whereas the rest 10% of the birds are imported from countries like Australia, Thailand, China, Indonesia, Holland, Tanzania, and New Guinea.

This bird park covers a land area of 20.9 acres which 200,000 visitors visit annually. You can book a bus ticket from KL Sentral to visit this park.

Menara Kuala Lumpur

Do you know Kuala Lumpur tower is also known as KL421 and KL Tower? It is the world’s 7th tallest tower, approximately 421 metres tall, with 15 stories.

This telecommunication tower was built in 1995 and also had a revolving restaurant. So, if you want to explore the beauty of Kuala Lumpur at once, you can visit this restaurant and enjoy dining along with the city’s panoramic view.

Other places

Have you booked your bus ticket online? If yes, then you should also make a list of some of the important places where you should visit while you go to Kuala Lumpur.

You can visit Pavilion KL, Islamic arts museum Malaysia, Suria KLCC Mall, and Perdana botanical garden.

Why book a bus from Singapore to KL?

Now you might be thinking why you should book a bus from Singapore to KL, right? There are several advantages of booking a bus between this route, and some of them are mentioned below.

  • Cheaper and convenient: Do you know there are several modes of transport available that can take you to Kuala Lumpur from Singapore? But as you are searching for the cheapest and budget-friendly ways to travel, then you can simply opt for the bus. Because other options like flight, train etc. are quite expensive, choose travelling through the bus as you can book a bus ticket for approximately USD$11–35.
  • Better view: Do you know the distance between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore is only 350 kilometres? These 220 miles can offer you a great view throughout the journey, so if you want to explore the beauty, you should choose to travel by bus.
  • Various bus options: If you choose to travel by bus, then you get a variety of options as several companies provide offers to bus travellers and let you enjoy a better trip in your budget. You can find buses with adjustable, comfortable and wide seats; television, wireless internet connection; meals, snacks, drinks, and a lot more than this.


Kuala Lumpur is a great place to travel, but if you want to have a budget-friendly trip from Singapore, you can simply book a bus from Singapore to KL. In the city, you can explore various beautiful places and enjoy doing your favourite activities like shopping, dining, and visiting different places like Aquaria, bird park, Sunway lagoon, and Jalan Alor.