So, it’s that time of year where you and your loved ones get together and enjoy a nice BBQ cookout, preparing some of the most delicious meals that everyone loves. Getting everything together and following directions are key to every recipe. So, if you’re out searching for the best ones to cook, here are five traditional recipes for you to try that will surely impress your guests. Bring out the barbeque and impress both friends and family alike!
1. Portobello Mushroom Burgers
This is an awesome choice to start off with and it can be done on any kind of grill you may have; the barbecue aficionados at BBQ Bros believe that there is a grill for everyone, whether it’s a charcoal combo, infrared, or indoor electric grills. And they all can prepare these amazing burgers!
- 1/4-inch-thick burger patties
- Slices of onion, tomatoes, lettuce leaves
- Mozzarella cheese
- Portobello mushroom caps
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 6 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil and 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- Onion bread rolls
- Get your rolls ready and place the lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese on top, then drizzle it with some honey.
- Combine the rest of the wet ingredients and spices in a resealable plastic bag with the onions and leave it to marinate for at least an hour.
- Brush some of the mixture on the sides of the mushrooms.
- Start grilling your burgers for about 5 to 7 minutes
- Grill the mushrooms until tender
- Drain the plastic bag and place the onions on your rolls.
- Serve your burgers and mushrooms on the roll and they’re ready to eat.
2. Cowboy Steak
Who doesn’t love a juicy and tender piece of steak? This is a perfect choice to cook at your next barbeque.
- Coarse salt
- Black pepper
- Safflower Oil
- 2 & 1/2 inches of frenched rib-eye steak pieces.
- Heat grill at medium-high temperature.
- Brush the grill and your steak pieces with oil.
- Season steak generously with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 5 minutes, then moves to indirect heat for about 7 minutes.
- Let it rest 10 minutes after it’s done, then serve to enjoy.
3. Salt & Pepper Grilled Shrimp
If you’re a fan of seafood, then there is nothing better than delicious shrimp to indulge in. This recipe in particular is bound to be a hit.
- Deveined jumbo shrimp with shells
- 3 teaspoons of sea salt and white pepper
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- Rinse shrimp in cold water.
- Sprinkle with lime juice.
- Season and let it marinate with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to high and brush it with oil.
- Grill shrimp for about 2 or 3 minutes each side.
- Serve on a plate and squeeze more lime juice over them, then they’re ready.
4. Middle Eastern Corn
Corn is probably the easiest thing to grill and it’s a tasty and crunchy treat for everyone to enjoy on a nice sunny day, but you can add a little flavor to it with this Middle Eastern recipe.
- Shucked corn ears
- Kosher salt
- Za’atar spice (Middle Eastern Oregano mix)
- Feta cheese
- Preheat grill on high for 10 minutes.
- Place corn and grill for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn frequently, until all sides are charred.
- Spread butter over corn.
- Season with salt and Za’atar.
- Add little bits of feta cheese until melted.
- Place corn on a plate and let them cool, then they are ready to serve.
5. Balsamic Grilled Chicken Breasts
There is nothing better than a juicy and tender piece of grilled chicken; this is something that all your guests would want more of.
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme and rosemary
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil, and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Chicken breasts
- Mix everything together in a bowl, then whisk thoroughly.
- Add chicken breasts to the bowl and marinate for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat grill at medium-high.
- Grill chicken for about 6 minutes on each side, basting with any remaining marinade.
- Place on a plate and it’s ready to enjoy.
There is nothing quite like enjoying a decent meal with your family and friends. Getting together and doing fun activities before your food is ready is perfect to make your BBQ memorable. Even if you’re just cooking for yourself, there is something special about using your grill to get some of the most scrumptious meals ready. So, remember to enjoy every moment and savor each bite!