Vitamin C, as all other vitamins are very important to our bodies. Vitamin C is one of the vitamins you hear about most. Every time I hear someone say vitamin C I automatically think of oranges and whenever I hear someone say oranges I think of vitamin C. To me, it’s like the two go hand in hand. Vitamin C provides several benefits to our bodies.
When you’re feeling ill, what do you hear? It’s always, you better make sure you drink your vitamin C. like Vitamin C also goes hand in hand with having a cold. What other benefits does Vitamin C provide our bodies?
Five benefits that Vitamin C provides to our bodies are:
- May reduce your risk of chronic disease – Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant that can boost your blood antioxidant levels. This may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease.
- May help manage high blood pressure – Vitamin C supplements have been found to lower blood pressure in both healthy adults and those with high blood pressure.
- May lower your risk of heart disease – Vitamin C supplements have been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease. These supplements may lower heart disease risk factors, including high blood levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Boosts immunity – Vitamin C may boost immunity by helping white blood cells function more effectively, strengthening your skin’s defense system, and helping wounds heal faster.
- Protects your memory and thinking as you age – Low vitamin C levels have been linked to an increased risk of memory and thinking disorders like dementia, while a high intake of vitamin C from foods and supplements has been shown to have a protective effect.
As you can see, vitamin C has a lot of great benefits to our bodies. We get most of our vitamins and minerals from the food we eat. So it is important that we eat plenty of these foods. These are the foods which are great sources of vitamin C:
- Green and Red Peppers.
- Kiwi fruit.
- Acerola Cherries
- Chili Peppers
- Sweet Yellow Peppers
- Mustard Spinach
- Brussels Sprouts
- American Persimmons
Besides the benefits listed above vitamin C also helps with iron deficiencies. Iron is a mineral that is important to our bodies because it is responsible for making red blood cells and transporting oxygen throughout the body. Vitamin C rich foods and supplements have also been linked to reduced blood uric acid levels and lower risk of gout, which is very painful. If you can’t get enough vitamin C from the food you eat, a good vitamin c serum is a great source to make up for those deficiencies.
Vitamin C is one of the most important vitamins that we need for our bodies to function properly. It is great for our immune system which is what protects us from getting sick. Like when you start feeling sick, it is a good idea to take some vitamin C. As you can see, vitamin C is very beneficial to our bodies. It is very important to eat lots of foods rich in vitamin C. You don’t want to get sick. Don’t forget to drink your orange juice. God bless!