All of us enjoy watching our favorite content on the bigger screen. This is why we always look forward to grabbing tickets to our favorite movies being screened in cinemas because we know that is a whole different level of experience than watching a movie on an iPhone or iPad. The bigger the screen, the better. Whether you order a movie on demand from top-notch providers like RCN cable or prefer to stream a Netflix original, you’ll enjoy a next-gen onrush of excitement and see the characters come to life on your HDTV.
Connecting your iPhone or iPad to a bigger screen can be a very good shortcut to watch your favorite content on the bigger screen. This is how you can get rid of streaming on the smaller display screen and avoid eyestrain. You can always screen-mirror to be able to cast videos on the TV. Here we are with everything you need in order to pair your iPhone or iPad with your TV. So, hop in while we walk you through, making it as easy as could be!
Three ways you can connect your iPhone or iPad with the TV set include using an HMDI cable, an app, or a wireless mechanism.
- How to Connect iPhone or iPad to TV with an HDMI Cable?
An HDMI cable helps you connect your device with a smart TV to share any type of content over it. It’s also cheaper and costs anywhere between $10 to $12. Thus, no big investments are required at all and you can order it from any online store. You will need an iPhone to HDMI cable adapter in order to connect the HDMI cable to the iOS device. You can follow these simple steps:
- Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the TV set.
- Now, plug the other end of the HDMI cable into the adapter.
- Plug the adapter into the Lightning port on the iOS device.
- It is now time to switch the HDMI input on your TV set.
- Your iPhone or iPad will be mirrored to the TV.
2. How to Connect iPhone or iPad to the TV Wirelessly?
You can also connect your iPhone or iPad to the TV wirelessly with the help of a Wi-Fi network. The best part is that this method does not require any wires, which makes it a convenient option. However, one more thing will be needed to make it happen and that is an Apple TV. By making use of the AirPlay feature, it becomes a lot easier to cast your phone’s screen on the TV set. Superfast!
Here are some simple steps you can follow to make use of the AirPlay feature on your iOS device:
- Go to the Control Center of your device by swiping down from the top of your screen.
- Click on the Screen Mirroring option that you see.
- Now, choose Apple TV from the drop-down menu.
- In case you do not see an Apple TV option in the device list, recheck if both the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- AirPlay technology will allow you to instantly cast your mobile screen to the TV set.
3. How to Connect your iPhone or iPad to the TV using an App?
Yet another smooth way to cast your iPhone or iPad screen to the TV is with the help of a casting application. These apps allow mirroring of your device to the TV over the Wi-Fi via different streaming platforms. These apps include Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, and others. These apps can easily be downloaded from the Apple App Store. You can download a free app or go for a paid one. Once you have downloaded your required app, you can proceed with the following steps:
- First, open the app.
- Next, connect your phone with the TV, making sure that both the devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- You will come across a host of options. Choose the Screen Mirroring option.
- Now, click the Start Broadcast option.
- Voila! Your TV will mirror your iPhone or iPad screen.
The aforementioned three ways make it fairly simple to cast your iPhone or iPad screen over the TV in a jiffy! All you have to do is follow the quick steps and save yourself from any hassles. Choose the method that suits you the best and enjoy watching all your favorite videos, listening to music, playing games, and other content on the bigger TV screen with your family and loved ones. Therefore, you can now turn your living room into a mini theatre. Happy watching!