We love eating bananas because they are filled with healthy nutrients, are rich in potassium, and are also quite tasty. As for the banana peel, we see it as no more than a waste or a prop for a comedy relief, but after seeing this list, you will never consider banana peels as useless again.
1. Use Banana Peel To Attract Butterflies And Birds In Your Garden
2. Polish The Leaves Of Your Household Plants
3. Add Banana Peel To Your Compost Or Use Them As Fertilizers For Your Plants
4. Attach small pieces of banana peel to rose bushes or bury small them in the soil, also when you plant a tomato, wrap it around with banana peel.
5. Aphids Deterrent
6. Ripen avocados by placing them in a paper bag together with a banana peel and leave them for 24 hours. The peel’s hormone ethylene helps ripen the fruit.
7. Rub banana peel on insect bites to ease the itching and redness.
8. Rub banana peel to irritated, itchy skin and even bruises to soothe the discomfort and help the healing process.
9. Wrap a piece of banana peel over the wart so it can stay attached during the night and repeat the process until the wart vanishes.
10. If you have dry skin or wrinkles, rub the inside of the banana peel on your skin twice a day and avoid washing it for as long as you can. You will see a significant change in matter of days.
11. Rubbing banana peel on your pimples for 5 minutes a day will remove them more quickly. The mosturization properties of the banana peel also makes it an for psoriasis.
12. Leave pieces of banana peel under the sun for a few hours then rub them over your eyes. It will protect your eyes from harmful UV rays and it is also proven to reduce cataract.
13. Remove splinters the easy way by fastening banana peel over the splinter with a tape. The enzymes in the banana peel will move the splinter around, making it easier to remove.
14. Banana peel as teeth whitener
15. For the winter outdoors-men, the next time you get a frost=bite place banana peel over the affected area and leave it until you star to feel relief. Change peels as necessary.
16. Remove stinky smells from your car by leaving a banana peel inside. Don’t forget to put a new peel every other day.
17. Get an shiny shoe shine on your old leather shoes by rubbing them with banana peel. You can also use it on eny other leather items
18. Don’t use harsh chemicals to make your silver utensils shine. Polish them with some banana peels.
19. For getting a juicy, tender meat without tenderizing it beforehand, simply place a banana peel in the pan with the meat while you’re cooking it.
20. Drinking the water from boiled banana peels is said to ease depression.
Pretty amazing uses, wouldn’t you agree? And to think just how many tons of banana peels we’ve wasted by throwing them away. In this age of consumerism that we live in, we forget to really look at just what we’re throwing away. The banana peels are just one example. Give these great banana peel hacks a try and you’ll be surprised with the results. One final piece of advice: you can get the best results by using a fresh banana peel. Don’t store it in the fridge for later use. There will always be another fresh banana peel you can use.
Share this post with your friends by clicking on the sharing buttons below.