There aren’t too many healthy snacks for diabetics you can buy in the stores.
People are scared to make a move and buy some because companies have their way of hiding the sugar somewhere in there.
Healthy snacking is important. Let’s be honest with ourselves here. There is no way we can survive without snacks. Especially if you have a desk job or you work from home.
However, these snacks shouldn’t endanger your health and give you diabetes.
Recent studies show how almost half of all Americans are suffering from diabetes or are pre-diabetic. That’s obvious because the average American diet contains lots of sugar, carbs, and fat from the processed foods they eat.
If your body is burning the glucose to fuel itself, your blood sugar consistently elevates its level up and promotes to insulin resistance.
By the same path, foods that contain high glycemic index will cause a spike in the blood sugar levels. When these levels crash, you seek for those cravings that will satisfy your “sweet tooth” on a short term. That’s not the only danger. This way of living creates insulin resistance on a long term.
With that said, are there any healthy snacks for diabetics out there?
Yes, there are!
1. Broccoli and Cheese Dip (you can easily swap for vegan cheese)
2. Buffalo Spiced Nuts
3. Carrot Sticks and Hummus
4. Celery with Nut Butter
6. Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms
8. Avocado Topped with Bacon and Eggs
9. Baba Ghanoush
10. Baked Broccoli Tots – Substitute with gluten free bread crumbs to help lower the carbs.
14. Hard Boiled Eggs
18. Mixed Bean Salad
19. Salmon – grilled or smoked on top of an avocado with scrambled eggs
21. Sunflower Seeds
23. Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
24. Tuna on Tomato Slices
25. Veggies and Guacamole
26. Mixed nuts – almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, macadamia, pecans, pistachios, and walnuts.
30. Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
31. Pumpkin Spice Granola – Go easy on any extra maple syrup.
32. Rosemary Parmesan Roasted Chickpeas
33. Salmon – grilled or smoked on top of a cucumber with hummus
Awesome. It’s your turn now. You can show these Healthy Snacks for Diabetics to your friends.
Use the sharing buttons below and let them see it. They need to be careful.
Source: The Hearty Soul