I got a cold yesterday, and this Artichoke soup recipe is the thing that keeps me alive today.
Windy weather, cold water, rock climbing, and not bringing backup clothes to get changed once you reach the top is not the best idea.
That was my weekend. And now, I’m paying the consequences.
It’s not too much, but my nose is completely shut down, and my through feels like I’ve swallowed a food grater.
I will feel like new in a day or two. I can feel it.
The artichoke soup recipe got to me at the right time. This great food keeps essential nutrients that your body loves to have.
On top of that:
- Aids in Digestion
- Decreases bad (LDL) cholesterol
- Detoxes Liver
- Helps you lose weight and balance blood sugar
- It’s rich in minerals and iron
- Tastes AWESOME
Wait. I have a better idea. Check this out:
When you mix this fantastic food with more benefits, from the other foods in this soup, you will get a good bomb that will make you as good as new.
Here is the recipe I was talking about.
- Three garlic cloves (chopped)
- Two Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Two large artichokes
- Two leeks, (use white part only)
- Two red potatoes, chopped
- Six butter lettuce leaves
- One Tbsp. Fresh parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 5-6 cups water
- 1 lb. of frozen peas (optional)
- ½ fresh lemon
- Parmigiana Reggiano (as a topping)
- Start off by breaking off the tough outer leaves
- Cut off the top 2/3 of the remaining artichoke
- Cut into quarters and remove the suspicious and fuzzy chokes
- Take a large saucepan
- Pour the olive oil into the pan and heat it up
- Add the lettuce, potato, garlic, artichokes, and parsley
- Mix well
- Squeeze the lemon in there and mix again
- Add salt and ½ cup of water
- Cook on medium heat until you see the veggies become soft and tender
- Add the peas and the remaining water
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes
- Add salt if you want to be saltier
- Puree the soup as a final touch to the greatness
- Top it with the parmesan cheese.
There you have it. The soup is awesomely delicious. I’m on my third plate. I can’t stop eating it.
It’s healthy, it’s delicious, and makes me better at the same time.
How’s that for your perfect soup?
Don’t forget to share this with all of your friends. They must try it.
Source: The Nutrition Watch Dog