The struggle is real. Type II Diabetics are tired of eating “prescribed” food.
Keeping diabetes under control is for life. It includes certain foods you are able and not able to eat.
Preparing food could be a nightmare sometimes. I know. Cooking is so relaxing and feels good, but some people are just not made to do it.
However, things are as they are and you need to do everything to manage your diabetes.
That’s why I’m here to tell you how to prepare a delicious diabetes-friendly meal for 3-minutes.
All of these meals will keep the blood sugar under control and feed your appetite.
They are perfect for people with a busy schedule.
Let’s do this.
The oatmeal is an excellent source of nutrients that will manage your blood-sugar level. Plus, when you enrich your meal with walnuts, you have the winning combination.
Sometimes the oatmeal needs 15 to 20 minutes to become a perfect breakfast.
BUT, if you make it the night before, you will be able to enjoy it right after you get up from bed.
The recipe is pretty simple, and even a rookie could do it.
What do you need?
- ¼ steel-cut or rolled oats
- 1/3 low-fat milk
- ½ cup yogurt
- One tbsp. walnuts
How to prepare it?
- Place the rolled oats in a glass container.
- Pour the milk and yogurt on top of it
- Mix well until the oats are completely covered with the milk mixture
- Refrigerate and let it do its thing overnight
- Take it out in the morning and warm the oatmeal in the microwave
- Top with the tbsp. Walnuts and enjoy
The cottage cheese is a rich source of life. It contains protein and calcium which makes it the great low-carb meal.
For a tasty breakfast, you just need to mix cottage cheese and berries. You can top it with cinnamon.
The secret is serving it chilled. It tastes like ice-cream.
Both the cottage cheese protein and fiber in berries will act like blood-sugar stabilizers.
The omelet is the easiest thing you can do for 3 minutes. The preparation and cleanup could take you some time, but not with this recipe.
Do you see that unemployed microwave in your kitchen?
Let’s see if it still remembers how to make a delicious meal.
What you need:
- Two Eggs
- 12-unce mug
- Chopped peppers
- Cottage cheese
How to Prepare it:
- Whisk the two eggs
- Slightly grease the mug and pour half of the eggs in it
- Add the peppers, mushrooms and cottage cheese
- Top with the remaining egg
- Set your microwave on high
- Put the mug omelet in there for 60 seconds
- Take it out, stir the mixture and put it back into the microwave for another 30 seconds
- Serve warm and enjoy
Avocados is another nutrient-rich food that decreases low-density blood-lipid levels, which might improve the health of your heart.
The cardiovascular health is in high-risk in individuals who have Type II diabetes.
Here is another 3-minute meal that will improve the cholesterol level and boost the health of your heart.
What you need:
- Two tbsp. Of your favorite hummus
- Two slices of whole-grain bread
- Six thin slices of avocado
- Favorite greens (cucumber, cilantro, etc.)
How to prepare it:
- Take the two slices of whole-grain bread
- Spread the two tbsp. of hummus evenly on both of them
- Top each slice with three slices of the avocado
- Add your favorite greens
- Sprinkle with a pinch of black pepper
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar
Cooking shouldn’t be that much of a big deal, right?
These 3-minute meals for Type II Diabetes are what you need in your life.
Simply is better.
READ NEXT: 6 Amazing Fruits That Control Diabetes
Don’t forget to share this with all of your friends by using the sharing buttons below.
Source: Everyday Health