The simple Turmeric-Lentil soup is the thing you need right now.
If there wasn’t for these soups to warm our souls, I don’t know how I would’ve survived these cold days.
They have a unique power to infuse you with the warmth that holds for the day. Plus, they are full of benefits that prevent us from catching serious diseases.
The ingredients are a little bit strange, and it’s the last thing you’ll think about mixing if somebody doesn’t tell you to do it.
This soup contains lentils, apples, and turmeric that have a high nutritional value and beneficial for medicinal properties.
My favorite ingredient here is the turmeric. Maybe because it’s one of those unusual potent ingredients that are full of anti-inflammatory properties.
As you know, the illness comes out from the inflammatory environment in your body. That’s why you are going to love the turmeric even more.
Consuming this soup a few times during the week will boost your health protecting you from:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Metabolic diseases
- Cardiovascular Diseases
Here is the recipe for this Turmeric-Lentils Soup with Coconut Milk:
- One Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Apples, Cored and Grated
- 2 Cups Red Lentils
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- One Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Onion, Diced
- One ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2-3 Cups Hot Water
- Rinse the red lentils in cold water
- Let them drain
- Melt the coconut oil in a pot and sauté the onions until golden
- Add the turmeric and apples in the pan and cook for 2 minutes
- Stir the mixture frequently and insert the lentils and water
- Bring the mixture to boil, cover the pot and, let it simmer for 15 minutes
- Add the coconut milk and spices
- Simmer until the lentils get soft
- Add a cup of water if you want to be thinner, and leave it to simmer for two more hours
Deliciousness at its finest!
Don’t forget to share this with all of your friends on social media. You can do it easily through the sharing buttons below.